Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
    I'm still semi-kicking myself for not getting the FD book,
    The FD book is one of the things I host as well. If you still want it, it's there for the downloading.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

So the FD book is not around any longer? Sounds like the real XS1100 bible. Cat, i didn't see it on your site.
      1980 XS1100LG Midnight
      1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
      A quick death and an easy one.
      A pretty girl and an honest one.
      A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
        So the FD book is not around any longer? Sounds like the real XS1100 bible. Cat, i didn't see it on your site.
        It's there. It's the 6th one from the top. It says "Shaft Drive Service Manual (applies to XS's and XJ's)".
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Ok, thanks
          1980 XS1100LG Midnight
          1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
          A quick death and an easy one.
          A pretty girl and an honest one.
          A cold beer and another one!

Comment

I use mine quite often. Actually, I use Russ's quite often as we are usually at his place using his lift.
            Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
            '82 XJ1100
            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

i have a clymer for my xs and my kz... i have absolutely no prior knowledge of motorcycles and i completely disassembled my xs using the clymer... the only problem i had was removing the engine... the manual said i could remove the engine as a complete assembly but i had a helluva time getting it out but it did... i'd say its probably not a bad thing to have around... i did download at one time...
              Chris
              twitter.com/thechrisdemon -- instagram.com/chrisdemon

2012 HD FXDC -- bone stock... for now...

1980 XS1100 Special --
              under restoration for brother

2010 HD XL1200 -- good riddance...

1981 KZ650 CSR -- Found a good/new Home

1980 CX500 -- livin' it up in FL

Comment

No, I just wing it.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                  No, I just wing it.
                  Well it seems you have done pretty good then so far by just winging it!
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I appreciate that the previous owner passed on his Clyner repair manual when he gave me the bike. It has gotten a lot more grease stained and dog-eared than the pristine condition I received it in.The three things that frustrate me about it is how they explain things for the standard model first, when it's completely wrong, and when it makes some procedures sound easier than they actually are.
                    1981 XS1100SH

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                      I host the XS (Yamaha and Clymers) and XJ (Yamaha) manuals along with a few other things on my website (link in my signature). I see almost daily hits on them, so I know many people are using them. I printed both of them for the XS and put them in 3-ring binders, and I use them for anything more complicated than an oil change (only because the oil volume is stamped on the side of the engine ).
                      And God Bless you for this service!! I've downloaded both the xs11 manuals and printed one (at work)
                      Tony

78 xs11 aftermarket 4-2 HD mufflers, whats left of it is stock. A work in progress for sure.

Comment

You bet

I actually have more than 1. I use one in the shop so it is a bit worn and has oil and grease stains. the other is an inside book that I read before I go out and pull stuff apart. Both have my notes and corrections in the margins
                        Scott
                        I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

i use the clymer here and there..

i'm just getting the factory yamerhammer one

Thanks Cat

hmm,

i have 7 different manuals for my Kawy S1....

hmm?

i wonder if that means anything...?
                          1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
                          1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Working...
                          X