No announcement yet.

Tally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Shawn.. much better you then me. All we got here was rain, and it doesn't need shoveling... I'm sure it will be here soon enough tho.
    Brian
    1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
    1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
    remembering the same thing!

Comment

That's the thing about snow in Ontario, we may not get a lot one year, but we'll pay the next.

I don't /hate/ shoveling snow as much as I hate the IDEA of doing it. Cource with the 30cm's, I shoveled around teh car then realized I didn't brush it off, had to re-shovel, damn big old station wagons.
      1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Comment

snow

Been there,done that.......Will

Comment

No snow here yet, but soon I hope.

hey, as long as its too cold to ride, it might as well look purdy, right?

which reminds me--I should get the snowblower ready to go
          79ish suzuki rm250
          82 honda cb450sc
          78 honda cx500
          72 honda cb175
          78 yamaha xs11e

Comment

Damp and dreary

At least when the winter hits in Canada it's crisp and dry a lot of the time. Yeah - I suppose between blizzard and ice storms anyway.

Memory (of about 30 years ago!!) is sketchy but I recall the hassle of (helping) digging out the car fairly often. Anybody remember the '72 Mercury Rideau 500?

Here in the UK it just gets wet, damp dreary - the sort of damp that seems to penetrate the bones. Can still ride tho' on the good days so there's a bike in the garage that's still a runner and legal to nip out on for some escape. Used to ride around the year and didn't own a car for a long time - but becoming an old soft git these days.

Enjoy the snow
            XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
            Guzzi 850
            Z1000

Comment

Whats up, Snow. I am not from Tally, but only afew miles away. I live in about an hour north of Jacksonville, FL in in a place called Woodbine, GA. Perhaps, when I get my bike running we could meet up somewhere.

Comment

No snow ,but more rain in the forecast for the weekend. Idid get the bike in for her the check'up like the state says I have to. Alittle on the cool side to be riding at night , but well worth .Its been to long and I've been to buzy to get her out and she left me know it by not starting. She does not like being put away for the winter.shes realy not going to like being taken apart this winter, but she like her new looks in the spring.
                Madbike
                Midnight Sp.

Comment

vehicle check

does Pa. make you take your vehicle in yearly?

Comment

Strange cycle motorcycle for inspection in Pennsylvania. If I got this correct, You get a sticker for April, and if you have an inspection sticker for April, it is only good for 6 months, and you need to re-inspect in October. BUT, once you inspect in October, you only have to inspect every October. There is some other considerations on this schedule for May, June, etc., inspections, which month it was inspected last year, if the sun is shining, and so on. And I can't get my bike inspected before April. Yeah, somebody was smoking something when they passed that law.
                    I have been doing the April thing, the past few years it was too much winter too soon, so by the second week or so in October Blue Mule went into hibernation.
                    Marty in NW PA
                    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

inspections

What a pain in the ___!!! I guess I shouldn't complain about my short riding season! Again my condolences......Will

Comment

Down here in the Panhandle of Texas, Snow is a blessing. I do not think we have seen any in about 3 years. When it was there, there was only about 2 hours of it, and less than an inch accumulated. So . . . enjoy your snow, your bike will still be there, as for me, it just gets blistering cold, with rain and ice.
                        Got to fix it before I can ride it

82 XJ11

Comment

In Pa. you can get your bike inspection done when ever it is due .
                          They want you to match your tags .They do the same with a car if you buy your tags in jan. they want you get your bike or car inspection done in that mon. I got my Lady in oct. but she was go until July the next year ,but I forgot it went to N.C. for aweek on her and I seen it was out . so when I got back I had it done,it was close to oct. so I had it changed to match my plates. I left it run out becauce the bike shop I use is open tues., thurs., and sat. nights and lately it rains those night . To cold to rain in the rain.
                          Madbiker
                          Midnight Sp.

Comment

Working...
                          X