No announcement yet.

China anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not cutting water out completely, juice is just my major source of hydration. Pure juice from concentrate is not as bad as the juice that has extra stuff like high fructose corn syrup. Go down to the local grocery store. Look at the name brands. Major ingredient is corn syrup. Most of the people at my school have water bottles or coke. I just have juice. If you have apple juice for example, is that really bad for you if that all you drink MOST of the time?
    Last edited by HobbyMan; 04-05-2007, 02:58 PM.
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Comment

dilution

just dilute it to taste because even applejuice is from concentrate most of the time.....and hfcs is worse than natural juice sugars (fructose)....diabetes is exploding because of these sugars being put into everything to make products sweeter/less $.....
      MDRNF
      79F.....Not Stock
      80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

If it isn't water... it isn't pure...

and therefore has to be filtered... Your kidneys being the lucky recipients of this extra stuff... Pure apple juice is still high in natural sugars which, like anything else, have to be processed...

Ummmm... yeah... let us know about those kidney stones... but you might want to ask someone whose had them first... Even having babies didn't look that painful... and considering the course they have to take to get out... Do you REALLY want to do that to yourself?

Okay okay... I'm leaving you alone now... unless you say something that makes me come back here... Don't make me come back here HobbyMan...

and Spiderman... all I can say to that... well... is...

Your poor innards... good thing the case is in decent shape...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

My brother and my father have had them once. My father had them at over 50, my brother at just above 30...cranberry juice seemed to be the culprit.

*Incredibly* painful - my bro thought he was dying.
          1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
          1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
          http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Getting juiced, more ways than you thought!

Hey Hobbyman,

I haven't drunk water in about 20 years! I was drinking Pepsi and colas, but the phosphoric acid was destroying my teeth faster than I wanted, so I switched to Sprite....with SUGAR, not that sugarfree crap! I get occasional doses of water when I open a warm bottle of soda and need ice cubes to chill it!

Last few years I've been drinking root beer at home, but Sprite at work. I've never had kidney stones or elevated blood sugars during my physicals. I'm not obese, about 220 lbs for 6'6" frame.
            But I also don't drink alcohol, never acquired the taste for bitter beer, wine, but can handle a good pina colada or maitai!

I remember reading about a study for kidney stones, and found a higher incidence of them in the south. Turned out it was linked to a higher consumption of Tea, which has tannic acid in it that was determined to have contributed to the stones.

Genetics can also play a big part in what your body will or won't do. Apple juice is known to increase the persistalsis(pushing the food thru your intestines) and could give you looser BM's or worse......the "D" word!

So.....moderation is the key, natural fruit is stronger than you might think......prunes ring a bell?
            T.C.

PS, Kat, kidney stones only hurt when they pass from the kidneys to the bladder thru the Ureter, a very small tube. The Urethra from the bladder to the urinal is much larger....no pain there!
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I think I will stay away from coconut. Sou you are saying that sprite is actually not that bad for you. COOOL. I don't believe in sugar free stuff. If you are going to to something, go for the gold. Wow, this is now a health food thread
              United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
              If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
              "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
              "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
              Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
              X