No announcement yet.

Buell vs. XS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred makes a good point. Most Buells ...especially the sportbikes...handle XStreemly well in the twisties. Given same quality rider the old war horse Eleven wouldn't stand a chance. Even a highly modified Eleven would have it's hands full with a newer Buell sportbike.

On straights it would depend on which Buell. The 1200 Lighting is making mid 90's at the rear wheel. It weighs less than 500 lbs. Considering the Eleven made in the low 80's at the rear wheel and weighed a touch more...I'm guessing it would toast my favorite bike of all time in stock form.

The smaller Buells would not fair well against an Eleven in a straight on drag race and top end....rider for rider.

The issue in reality is most always the rider. If the guy on the Buell isn't much...then you could likely toast him on a QA50...

Just my 2

Comment

Heh, and what's a flatlander know about corners?

Hi Crazcnuk,
      do not disparage my adopted Province.
      When there wasn't a mountain suitable for the '77 winter games skiing events, we BUILT one. Do you suppose a mere curve is beyond us? The adverse camber decreasing radius downhill curve on Saskatoon's Circle Drive has seen many a drunken speeding fool run his Hogley-Poodleson into the meatgrinder of a steel railing that marks it's edge.
      Fred Hill, S'toon.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

buel

have any of you guys rode a Buel? For the price there performance is way low to me any modern 600 will absolutely destroy them and that meens anywhere. My friend as the older Buel and like i said its no match for my z1r . To me why pay the money for one of them when you can get alot more bike for alot less money. I'd put a pic of my z1r on here but i still can't get windows vista security to let me upload one. Has anyone else used Vista yet. Its been nothing but problems for me.

Comment

xsscooters, Why do you have vista?????? I thought as an xssive owner, you would KNOW better! My guess is you just replaced the computer, and it came with vista or nothing. Find an XP operating system, and dump vista. It IS a "big brother" OS, and will NEVER be on any pc I own.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Lol, Fred, you mean lacking any curves, except the curvature of the earth, they had to MAKE some corners... and then they werne't very good at it!

I am from Hinton, Alberta, lots of curves up here.

I am using Vista, but haven't tried to upload any pictures. I don't know why Vista would care about you SENDING a picture, it's more worried about you recieving any.

Oh, and I don't pay for windows, only reason I have it.
            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

vista

It won't upload anything period theres a bug in the security on it zaps everything . i'm supposed to have it fixed next week . i put vista on my computer because i'm a photographer and needed it to run my new adobe program .

Comment

is your "new adobe program" lightroom?
                '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

lightroom

No its adobe creative suit it has workflow tools that are adaptable to almost anything . I do alot of photograhy and the image sorting and fileing on this program rocks. it will also let you batch change your color space which is great.

Comment

Working...
                  X