No announcement yet.

Electric fuel pump yes/no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

265kph = 165mph, well over what these bikes are supposed to do.

There is a HUGE difference between mid 12's to mid 10's. In bracket racing that would move you up two full classes. You wouldneed to have nearly double the stock horsepower to get into the 10's, I think. I can certainly find out.

Maybe someone else out there has thier drag racing slide-rule handy.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I used to drag race a LT camaro for bout 7years before i got the xs....265kms doesnt seem that hard to get too?....but it definitely wont go any faster...these bikes were reported to do bout mid 11's from stock so thats why i thought the gain wasnt that great...lol....mid 12s were done whilst it ran reasonably well....but there are a lot of factors to get from 12 down to mid 10's.the major one was the carbs...another one of them is getting consistent with your gear changes and and heaps of response at low revs to get the bike up there in the power curve which is where these carbs seem to shine ...I dont think it will do any better without going crazy on cams and boring the cylinders out....I am happy with it how it goes right now......main thing is when i line up next to a new'ish street bike to be able to keep up and in alot of cases blow'em away half track to take the win...... .....I hope to get a good pic of a good run at the track to post...i am told it uses all the travel in the front forks as it transfers the wieght on take off (doesnt pick the wheel up though but looks impressive......) just happy i found the leaning out prob and got it sorted...will dyno it later next week and post the report....I wouldnt say it has twice the horsepower by any means, but i can say it is all working together the best it possibly can work and the carbs definitely unlocked the answer to the extra grunt i have found. Thanks for all the replies and input.....cheers
      Last edited by goldcoastguy001; 04-02-2007, 03:17 AM.
      1982 XS1100R
      1982 XJ650
      1983 VT400
      1990 XVS Shadow
      1983 Z1100

-I just love the look on their faces when you leave them standing in the dust after they've lined you up on your XS.

Comment

heh, I wasn't saying you weren't getting those numbers!

More of a WOW, that's some pretty good numbers. It's pretty cool these old girls can still run with the best of them.

Right now I am in the process of installing a 1208cc RC big bore kit on my xs. I am also looking at the 750 drive mod and a few other minor mods.

My goal, though, isn't top end or racing, but to make the decker more fun, and afordable to drive.

'05 ST1300

Comment

Sweet, I am pretty anxious to dee the results of your dyno runs. We LOVE those around here.
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

crazcnuk, no probs there, its all fun and experiments....id love to here how the big bore kit goes once youre finished.....i have thought bout the drive conversion but thought it might hinder my take off....but i hear it does do wonders for the economy...let me know how it works with the big bore kit.

81XS, will post the report next week after the test, I hope it pulls some good numbers....

Cheers guys..
            1982 XS1100R
            1982 XJ650
            1983 VT400
            1990 XVS Shadow
            1983 Z1100

-I just love the look on their faces when you leave them standing in the dust after they've lined you up on your XS.

Comment

I am not really concerned about launch, I am pretty sure I'll be able to eat any of my friend's bikes regardless.

I run with a group that consists of a 2004? Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan, 2005 Royal Star 1300, '85 Shadow 1100 (the fast one) an 1981 CB900 custom and an 82 Virago 750.

I hope to have the XS back together by the end of April, but my head guy broke his valve grinding tool part way through. Waiting for him to finish.

'05 ST1300

Comment

If i had to put money on a bet with your XS against that list of bikes.....I'd have to back the XS... of course you'll eat them up....lol...XS'ives rule...... take care...let us know how the big bore goes...
                1982 XS1100R
                1982 XJ650
                1983 VT400
                1990 XVS Shadow
                1983 Z1100

Comment

Working...
                X