do you use a cruse control? for long rides touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audiovox

Yeah that's the one. I plan on getting one of those and installing it on Pathfinder.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

I also have a throttle lock [Vista Cruise] installed on both of my street bikes.
      Like Ken stated, it sure makes using your right hand for any "adjustments" so much easier. Not to mention working out any cramps that may come in my right hand after several hours on the road.
      I have a cigarette lighter mounted in the right side of my fairing so the Vista Cruise REALLY comes in handy for using this accessory while in motion!
      BYW, not only is the cigarette lighter handy for the obvious, but also handy for charging a cell phone and an alternate power port for other 12V accessories.
      Ride Safe,
      Greg
      '80 XS1100-G "Christine"
      '87 GL1200-I
      '93 KLX650-C

Comment

Had a throttle lock on the Shadow for 13 or 14 years. Really liked it. Paid about $12CDN for it in the late 80's.

Haven't bought one since as they are $40-$50 now, and they haven't imporved them.

I would like to look at the true cruise control system, but doubt I would ever fork over the cash.

I've done several trips through the western states from Canada.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I run the audiovox cruise on my Valkyrie. It just plain rocks. Cost is about $120 and a few hours of work.

Instructions are here:
          http://www.angelfire.com/il/sproulpage/page13.html

Been on my machine around 95,000 miles now. I highly recommend it.
          CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

I have a vista cruise on both my xs11s. The BMW has a Throttlemeister. I like the Vista cruise better.

For long trips, it really is great.
            I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

Working...
            X