Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you allways wear a helmet when you ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still, a full faced helmet, with a closed visor completely negates the point of being outdoors.

I have been riding almost 30yrs, and so far I have not had to regret it. I look back at the past 3 decades of not having been cooped up in a full-face as worth it, even if I did get facial damage now, after all, at this end of my life, who cares if I get ugly!
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

who cares if I get ugly?
      The people who are forced to look at you. (And don't tell me that you haven't gotten complaints yet.)
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Jeans and boots always; I compromise on the helmet. I've got a black/flames skid lid that now matches my tank.
        1979 XS1100 F

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." --John Wayne as John Bernard Books

Comment

Originally posted by jimboreeno
          Life is full of trade offs... full face vs open vs skull cap vs none.

I hope I never have to be happy I switched to a full face flip... but I promiced my SWMBO when I started riding my bike as a daily communte I'd be "Mr. Safety."

I am in full leather as well but have to admit it is getting hotter and a t-shirt feel so damn good.

I think I am going to pick up a mesh jacket. Nashville dirivers are not the best in the world...'cept for me...Mr. Safety ya know!

(empty your mailbox, Jim... it's full again)Prom.
          I'm using my helmet to save all my ugly! What good is ugly if you can't share it!

I've got a Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket Jim, and I love it. Wearing it today before riding it felt like it was barely on. Breeze blows right through it. With all the molded armor it sure does look like a power ranger suit, but I feel a lot safer with it on. Picked it and a matching set of armored pants up on Ebay for $160. America's Motorsports wanted $395(!) for the exact same rig.

Got close to 75 miles on the little bike today! Man was it a beautiful day for a ride. My hips are killing me though. Wonder what's up with that!
          80 XS1100SG
          81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

"Medical Maladies"

My hips are killing me though. Wonder what's up with that
            Maybe you've got Hip-atitis?
            I've had Toe-lio and Knee-sles, but the worst is Small-cox.
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Re: "Medical Maladies"

Originally posted by prometheus578
              Maybe you've got Hip-atitis?
              I've had Toe-lio and Knee-sles, but the worst is Small-cox.
              Dude....

I have always worn a full face helmet, I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't. Somewhere in the garage, I still have one of those helmets with the scrapes and gouges that start from the chin and go back.
              I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.... It smells like......victory

Comment

I still like DragonRiders story about the "biker" buying his torn-up jacket.
                Tell it again.
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
                X