Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you allways wear a helmet when you ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you allways wear a helmet when you ride?

I do allways and i don't have too you know in utah theres no state law to wear helmets..
    i crash once on a hair pin turn with a 1980 Suzuki 450 in 1984 on a back road in utah and went over the handle bars threw the cafe fairing
    and hit a rock with my helmet. it cracked the helmet and all i got was a big hang over and a cut on my knee. oh yes it was a nice day sunday in the spring around 70 degrees fresh air light breeze and i had a few shots of whiskey on the porch, before the ride in me that could of contribute to my accident. LOL!

I do on the road always. Occasionaly around the block trying to cool off I sometimes go without one
    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
    Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by HobbyMan
      I do on the road always. Occasionaly around the block trying to cool off I sometimes go without one
      what type do you wear? is it a full face or open face?
      i wear a AGV full face

http://www.speedtvcollectibles.com/i...et%20cased.jpg

Comment

I wear a full-face...mostly to protect me from heat or cold...AND to hold my earphones in.

I occasionally don't wear one at all. Safety is just not always the high priority in my soul.
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer
        Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
        Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

MY 80G came with a heavily used 1980 Bell Star full face. I pulled it apart and refurbished it. Replaced some of the foam and added some new extra padding. That with all new cloth made it turn out really well. As an added bonus, I installed some speakers and microphone hidden inside.
          Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonrider
            I wear a full-face...mostly to protect me from heat or cold...AND to hold my earphones in.

I occasionally don't wear one at all. Safety is just not always the high priority in my soul.
            not me after crashing once and seeing my best friend crippled in a crash i wear every thing i can and body armor like this when i ride now am i paranoid to yah?

Comment

I always wear a full-face helmet, always have. Here in Calif it's mandatory. When I started riding in Arizona it was not mandatory, I still always wore a full-face helmet. They repealed the mandatory law in AZ as it was claimed the riders were passing-out from the heat. I never passed-out, at least not because of my helmet.
              I currently wrap my head with a Shoei TZ1.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

On the road and big trips I wear either a full face or open face helmet. In town (all 12 blocks of it) I usually don't wear one. The kids on the other hand have to be clad in full riot gear before I'll take them for a ride the whole three blocks to school.
                The helmet debate will go on infinitum but I personally feel more secure wearing one. Here in Colorado it is helmet optional.
                XSRIK
                79 XS1100F "Talkin' 'bout shaft"

77 CB750 A "Dumpster classic" aka "Rattus Ottomaticus"

Comment

Full face

So far I've been using a full face helmet, but it does get uncomfortable in the Florida heat. Here is a link about a cool (temperature wise, not looks) helmet that I might consider.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...stream-tourer/

Many years ago I managed to scrap off most of a face shield just trying to park the bike next to my house. (There may have been alcohol involved.) Since then I figured that I needed protection most of the time.
                  Walt
                  80 XS11s - "Landshark"
                  79 XS11s
                  03 Valkyrie
                  80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
                  78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
                  81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

When its hot, usually opening hte visor is enough for me. The engine heat is what kills my pants and legs
                    Acta Non Verba

Comment

I don't wear one when tuning, (i.e. adjusting, putting up & down the street) but if it is going off my street, like down the country road at the end of my street, (taching up / Banging gears) I always have my full face on. even if it's the half mile to the gas station for a quick fuel up before I put it away for the night, (I hate stopping in the morning before work) I have the lid on. it was beaten into my head from a young age...always always ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET! some habits are best left unbroken. my father had a lot of trite sayings like that...wise fella may he rest in peace.
                      I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

HJC CL-14 flipper every time
                        1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

A helmet shaved my bacon once, or should I say BUTT! I always try to wear a full face- but I am guilty of taking short hops to the mom and pop store without it. I am originally from Utah, and I sure miss those canyon rides now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonrider
                            I wear a full-face.
                            i do too NOW!, but i used to only wear a half face
                            only years ago but thats mad like

if you get involved in a crash you lose half your face..

Comment

even in mad max 1 movie they wore full face helmets!

so whats up with half face ones??
                              and even Beyond Thunderdome
                              he wore a helmet
                              Last edited by midnight1980; 03-24-2007, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X