X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stereo stuff

Originally posted by davestrike
    Thanks John.

The fairing has a built in slot for a stereo, but there is no cover for the face of the stereo. When I have my 78 Yam. 650 I had a fairing for it and the stereo mounted in it. With that rig the mount had a plastic smoked cover to protect the stero.

Does anyone know where I could purchase such an item?

I handle all types of stereo and stereo installation equipment..... not plugging here but I hate trying to find just the right stuff myself. I sent you a PM. Just trying to help out.

I have the perfect combination of mounting hardware and cover plates available.
    Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
    S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
    1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

stereo cover

heres a picture:

see if that'll work
      1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

How much do those puppies run? I'll be mounting my vetter with radio soon...
        1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
        1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
        http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

20 plus s&h

do you need a mount adapter?

my vendor just told me he has the straps that go to the back of the stereo and the pockets(we install the pockets upside down and the stereo right side up) could you imagine trying to operate a stereo upside down

The straps are cheap cheap just bent metal..... easier to make your own, get the perfect size for any stereo if you bend your own. You can get the pockets for usually around 25. But most times all anyone needs is the cover.
          1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

I thought I would provide an update on the refurbish job.

I have cleaned the bike from front to the rear.

Cleaned off all the rust that I could possibly clean off and polished all chrome that would polish.

Replaced evey oil or lubricant in the bike.

Replaced or repaired the brakes (front and rear), greased the entire rear end works, new spark plugs, light bulbs where needed, carbs pulled and cleaned, new battery... etc.

Basically I went through the entire bike!

And this Sunday I finally got her carbs synched! Minor glitch in this part when one of the tubes on the synch tool broke 10 minutes into the job! Then a week wait on a new tube.

Today is the first day in 3 months that the bike has been off the center stand!!

Do ya think I could have at least taken her around the block for a test drive?

Heck no!! Freakin Washington rain!

I have a couple of minor things still to do, but they do not impact the operation of the bike, just creature comforts (i.e . new radio ) And of course a paint job. This will have to wait until more money can be diverted.

I also wanted to thank those that responded to my requests for assistance during this process!

Pictures will be posted once I have a nice day to take them.
            Dave
            1978 XS1100E
            Tacoma, WA.

Comment

You don't need no steenkin' stereo

Hi Dave and welcome,
              Learn lots on the bike course but they supply little tiddlers to learn on, not a massive lumbering overpowered cow of an XS1100 so beware of the difference. Don't whine about the rain, here in Saskatchewan there's too much snow & cold to ride 6 months of the year while you can buy a rainsuit and carry on.
              Bung up the stereo hole in your fairing with duct tape. A stereo will distract you from the 100% concentration you need to not be rammed by SUV soccer moms & other road hazards that "just didn't see" you.
              Fred Hill, S'toon.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
              X