A welcome and a RANT!! (kind of long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A welcome and a RANT!! (kind of long)

Okay guys. 2 things. First a welcome to a gentleman I met this last weekend on the ferry dock at Port Townsend, on our way to tyhe Oyster Run. He has a very nicely cared for 79 Standard (I think it was, forgive if my memory fails me...) I dont know if you want to use a pen name or your first name, so I wont id you by name but welcome-- you know who you are!!

And to who ever started this goofy forum thing. I AM TERRIBLY FRUSTRATED!!! I cant get in here to post without a password. evidently I am not cookied. so i click on the link to get my password. then i have to go back to my yahoo mailbox, only to be told to click on another link and it will reset my password. fine. but when i get to that page, i cant get in to reset because it needs my password, which is a ridiculous number which if i could remember in the first place i wouldnt be spending an hour playing ring around the rosy with my NOT SO FAST computer and this forum. so I have to go back to my mailbox AGAIN and here we go again. So if anybody cares or wonders why i never post much anymore, its because of the incredible maze i have to go through to get in here. The way this is now, I dont like even trying because of the waste of time. The way the thing is set up, I have enough trouble with it, WHY should I add to it and PAY also to get into a "deeper level" (feel like I'm in some dungeons and dragons game.... grrr!!) Isnt there any way to make things easier for those of us who have lives outside of computerland, and dont get online every day, and who also suffer from CRS and need their own easy password... and why the secrecy anyway?? seems a little excessive to me. give me back the good old yahoo list ...
    if you all have any suggestions, send em to my motomama2 address, at least I can access it!!!
    Sorry so long but -- I needed to rant. Sorry to all you innocent bystanders out there....
    Carolyne

Ouch, now that hurt.... Surely you have sbd that knows computers to set you up with cookie logon. Think of all the great ppl you'd be missing (well... me at least )
    Maybe you can change your pass to sth you won't forget... like damniforgotmypasswordagainandnowihavetogothruallth atmail****again-itsagoodthingstromgavemethiswonderfulideaforthepas sword.

OK, maybe a bit too long...

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I sent you an email, let me know If I can help!
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I sent one too, plus I am in 'range'

She works too hard at the bike shop, gotta find mutual time to whip her machine into shape.
        Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hart
          I sent one too, plus I am in 'range'

She works too hard at the bike shop, gotta find mutual time to whip her.

tut tut Mike Hart, I woulda expected better from you...but nice to hear from the girlie side of things, even if it was only to "nag"...................ahhhhhhhhhhh now I see where the whipping part comes into it...hehehheheheheh

Hi Carolyne

Comment

Originally posted by Phill the strat
            Mike, I woulda expected girlie nag
            well Phill, what can I say, journalism at its best.
            Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

If you're using IE and under Tools => Internet Options => Privacy then under Websites, click Edit => Address of Web site type xs11.com and click Allow => OK => OK

That will tell IE to not kill your cookie. OTOH, if you've told IE to 'Block All Cookies' then you've done it to yourself.

Comment

Hello......

Not sure if I am the one to whom you referred oh so long ago. I have an '80 Special and I did meet you at the ferry dock @ P.T. but maybe not - you did refer to him as a gentleman - leaves me out.

It was nice to meet you. As I think back on it - really a surprise considering how Harleys the day was.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Look forward to meeting others and participating more in the future. Now I gotta go for a ride in this sunshine before it's all gone. Whatta day!

You can call me Steve, ... or Phil ... or Ralph ... hey you.
                ...Steve

No matter where you go there you are. And the answer's always 42.

Comment

Once she has logged in, won't she be able to open the site without logging in again if she remembers not to log out when she leaves the site? (I hope that wasn't too jumbled up to understand - maybe someone could re-word it for me?)
                  Chuck Olds
                  79 XS11 SF (Special)
                  71 Triumph Bonneville 650 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                  X