Airbrush graphics (help needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried it

I tried that water base paint over a basic gray primer and the paint wrinkled and peeled off the next day what didnt wrinkle came off with my fingernails.....incompatibility for sure.......

If anyone out there amongst us XS and XJ crowd has become pro on all aspects of airbrushing would they please create a site so the rest of us (myself included) could glean from your endeavors......please....Thanks

Bruce Doucette
    78XS1100 Alpha
    79XS1100 Special
    Bruce Doucette
    Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

for beginners

http://www.howtoairbrush.com/

mro

Comment

Bruce... did you use the Auto Air Airbrush paint that was listed on the link I posted? or did you use another brand? Aren't most (all) acrylics water based?

Hey mro... that site is a WEALTH of information! What I couldn't find on their site... they had links to other sites where I might find everything I need to get started.
        Thank you SO much!
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Airbrush painting

Just one of the many wanna do's that just never seem to have the time for.......

mro

Comment

Use one shot sign paint, or whatever you normally air brush with. Most auto paints don't sell in less than 1 pint quantities. Put whatever you're using as a base down first then clear coat with a good quality automotive clear, let that cure for a few days then wet sand down with 1000 grit wet or dry, next do your airbrush work and let that set for a couple of days as well, Tack off your parts and put a light coat of clear on let that flash for about 10 minutes and put on a little bit heavier coat wait the same and do a third full wet coat of clear. let sit for 2 days wetsand down with 1000 grit put 2full wet coats of clear on with 10 minutes flash in between and you should be good to go with a very smooth and shiny custom.
            78 standard

81 midnight special

Comment

GREAT info!

Thank you SO much!
              I'm hoping to get started this Spring (when time will hopefully allow)...
              That will give me a chance to play with my airbrush a LOT more before I start on the bike...

I REALLY appreciate the input
              (I need all the help I can get on this one)
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
              X