Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new Foreign Member

Hi Guys,

I am AlanB, living in Scotland. I have been reading your forum for some time, and thought it was time to break cover. I have five XS11's including a hardtail chop and a trike. I will post some pics of those when they are a little further on!

In the meantime I will show you a couple of the others; If you use the UK XS11 site you will have seen these before. This one started life as a British-spec "E"- Like your 2H7!

It now has a frame by Eurocustom, Sportster bodywork, and the running gear from the SG I imported from Colorado about 15 years ago. It now looks like this-

The pic was yaken just before I put the exhaust back on!

It has a 17" rear and 18" front wheels, forks and brakes from an EXUP and GSXR carbs. It Dynos at 95 bhp.
    I have just taken it to bits again to fit a braced swing arm and three-spoke wheels.

AlanB
    If it ain't broke, modify it!

Hi Alan

Nice to see you finally made it on here.

How long before you are mistaken for a spambot again
    Tom
    1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
    1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
    1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
    1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Don't worry about the spambot, Alen. As long as the email can be verified, your in!
      Welcome to this side of the pond!
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Alan,

Those are two beautiful examples of custom XS1100's. Really look forward to seeing much more info on each of these bikes - along with info on the hardtail and trike!

Comment

Finally some decent sized photos of your bikes to look at

Tervetuloa!
          '84 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by TomB
            Hi Alan

Nice to see you finally made it on here.

How long before you are mistaken for a spambot again

Spoke too soon!!!!!!! He's just been banned again!!
            Tom
            1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
            1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
            1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
            1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Just thought I'd join the Muppet show
              Triking - it's a way of life!

www.trikenest.co.uk

Comment

I must say they both look very nice, but I really like the orange one. Nice work.

Comment

Hi John,

Sorry the photography is not so good; they are both orange...........

AlanB

Comment

so this is were you are all hiding then muppet`s

Comment

Wow! Very nice bikes! But I warn you that there are some among us who consider putting Harley parts on an XS as something of a heresy: sort of like wearing orange on St. Patrick’s Day. I am not one of those, but they are around.
                      I want to make it to Scotland to visit my roots. My mother was a Patterson, and for years I lived next to Highland Park in Ben Lomond which hosted an annual Highland Games. I’m pretty well read on Scottish and Celtic history, and I’m itching to go see the sights that I’ve been reading about for years.
                      In any case, welcome my brother of XS. Perhaps we can meet some day.
                      E.Liberty
                      ’79 XS11S (pretty much stock)
                      Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                      I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Hi E. Liberty,

Both bikes are still "work in progress" Apart from the bright paint and the UK spec 5K7 fairing, the SG has been together for a while. Most of the mods are documented on the UK forum. It is currently hanging from the garage rafters on ratchet straps again, 'cos I am trying to fit more modern three-spoke wheels to it. If it works out, I will send some more pics!

The custom framed bike has about three different sets of bodywork which fit- only one is harley; once the mechanics are finished, a decision will be made! I photo'd this set 'cos it is all the same colour!

Some of you guys may not like hardly (moving) parts on a Yamaha, but I quite like it, 'cos it REALLY upsets the hog guys!!

Thanks for the kind words about the bikes!

AlanB

Comment

"Some of you guys may not like hardly (moving) parts on a Yamaha, but I quite like it, 'cos it REALLY upsets the hog guys!!"

Well, that makes sense... you're forgiven!
                          E.Liberty
                          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
                          X