Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very cool

Originally posted by Wildkat

Looking forward to meeting everyone... and Spiderman... REALLY looking forward to seeing you face to face...
    [/B]

I didnt do it, I was not even there, I don't know these people, I was just riding along, minding my own business, I have never been in this town before, ask John, he will back me up!!!
    I will be the guy on the xs, no, yeah, now I remember, its a Honda 750. Yeah thats it, a K model Honda. A short fat guy, bout 6'1", 160lbs, no hair, no teeth 'cept the two up front. Short, black long hair with a beard. Has a limp to the port side, missing two fingers on the left hand, tattoo says "Live free or die trying" and "Mom". (Go ahead, ask me to show it to ya!!).

Would a gift certificate to Walmart or Dennis Kirk qwell your quest for revenge?
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I'll tell you what...

I'll be the tall, good looking leggy blonde... just come up and give me a great big hug and a kiss and we'll call it even... John won't mind... He'll be standing next to the short brunette... laughing...
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Saturday meet.

Looks like Succubus and I will be arriving @ 290 & FM1960 saturday morning around 9:30. I have Skippys cell# and will give him a call when we land.

Patrick, I will give you a call Friday to firm up meeting point and take off time.

Planedick, Be careful on your trip out. Lookin foward to seein ya!

Comment

if anyone needs some help getting in or anything else, you can call me on my cell 281-728-4172, I am only about 5 min from 1960/hwy 6 and 290, you can call me any time

Comment

Meeting point

WK and I are staying at the Suburban Suites at 6 & 290. I think a few others are staying there as well, and it is right on the way for the guys coming in from Austin, and Bryan. Maybe we could all caravan to Cynthia's together that morning.

Comment

Me and Warrior Boy (on his wifes new Hardly) should be there by 9:30 at the latest. Will cruise the parking lot looking for??? My cell is 512-497-8312.

Comment

I was hoping to make it...but simply can't get away.

Y'all be safe!

Ride on!
                CUAgain,
                Daniel Meyer
                Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

We're home!

and OMG!!! WHAT a GREAT time we had!!!

A HUGE thanks to Cindy for hosting all of us and a MAJOR thanks to skippy344 for getting it all together. Our thoughts and prayers are with planedick as he makes the long trip home...

Quite a diverse group made for an incredible time!!!

It was REALLY great meeting everyone!
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

What a XSively GREAT time!

I'm glad WK and John got home OK. I was kinda worried about the 5 hour ride and the setting sun...

We had 11 bikes! 3 XS11 standards, PlaneDick's "Pathfinder," Hippie Dave and Webbcraft, 2 specials, John/WildKat and SWMBO/me, well, we are still deciding if Twilite is a Special or something else, 3 Harleys, Dan, Bob, Warrior boy with his SWMBO's new Street Bob (break-in ride), and yes they kept up with us, 2 Valkyries, GrayWizard/SWMBO Linda and Tinman, and of course Stroka's Kawa KZ1000. It was really a beautiful sight! I will be posting pictures soon...

We had Luther's BBQ Friday night at Cynthia's house, thanks to Cynthia. It was fantastic! We all had a great time, honoring a great friend and fellow TeXSive, Pathfinder...

We all collected at Cynthia's house Saturday morning and with Cynthia at the lead, we rode up to the cemetary, in Magnolia, to see Pathfinder's resting place and for PlaneDick to let Pathfinder know that he was taking over care of "Pathfinder."

From there, Cynthia broke away and we 11 bikes went on a tribute ride through the country to Brenham, where we stopped for lunch at the Southern Flyer 50's style diner at the Brenahm municipal airport. We lined all our rigs up in front of the diner and had an employee take our picture. It was cool.

We left there and headed back to Cynthia's, so we could help PlaneDick load up his new rig into the trailer and get him on his way back to Cali.

We all said our goodbyes and headed our separate ways.

SWMBO and I got home about 8pm. It was her first "cold" ride. She did really well! I am so proud of her! She roXS!

We all had a really great time with great friends, both old and new. I say it about every time we get together, but I have never met a better group of people than my fellow bikers. We always have a good time together and I am creating a library of memories that I will carry with me all the rest of my days...

It was sad to see Pathfinder go, but I know it is going into the good custody of a truly XSive owner, Richard "PlaneDick."

Take care all, and we will see you again...

greg
                    Gone but never Forgotten:
                    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

The looong, slooow, dark road home.

We hit the 290 freeway at 4:25, yesterday afternoon. Bright and sunny. Wk is riding the first leg of the trip. I swear, that gal (or my bike, I ain't sure which) can't go less than 80 mph to save her/it's ass! The Mom mobile was a huffin 'n a puffing, but hangin in there. I had Rush's "Exit, Stage Left" in the cassette player. I was happy. I was hoping to have a nice, leisurely ride back, NOT! I could at least see her in front of me, much less keep up. There were times when I had to do 90 to catch up. We made Waco in great time. Spent 20 minutes resting at a gas station before we got on I-35 and headed north. Kat had ridden the first two tankfuls, and it was my turn to take it home. We jump on the freeway, and I settle in at about 70 mph. "All right, I got a full tank, an empty bladder, and 100 miles of freeway to go. Be home in less than an hour and a half." Well, about five miles up the road traffic starts to slow, then it stops. All I can see is a sea of brake lights. $#it! The traffic was crawling all the way to Hillsboro, about 20 miles or so. It didn't speed up until we hit I-35W. It must have taken about an hour to get from Waco to Hillsboro. From there, I just twisted it up, and made pretty good time. We pulled in the driveway at just about 9:00. Finally. All in all it was a wonderful trip. All of the people we met were great. Cindy was a wonderful hostess. The BBQ spread was delicious. Everybody was stuffed. The Farewell to Pathfinder Memorial Ride was great. There were some awesome bike assembled for the ride. The Pathfinder looked better in person, than in a picture. Skippy's Special was nice, KawaBob's KZ100 was sweet. Webbcraft's bagger was looking good, but Hippy Dave's 78E stole the show! What a beaut! The H-D's were looking good, but Damn, were they loud! We were right behind two of them, and after 10-15 minutes I had to get ahead of them, I was getting a headache. At the cemetary we paid our respects to Dave, said goodbye to Cindy and headed for Brenham. The ride was great, the food was good, and the company couldn't be beat. We all posed for some group pics in front of the diner, and then headed back to Cindy's. Webbcraft and Warrior Boy peeled off and headed back to Austin. The remaining XS's formed up to lead the pack, but after a while it seemed that most of the other bikes had gone their own way. We arrived back at Cindy's to help/watch PlaneDick load the Pathfinder into a trailer, and strap it down. When that was done, Kat and I got our handshakes and hugs, and headed out, wondering "when's the next TeXSive rally"? Well neighbor...that's too long to wait. Hopefully, Wildkat will be riding That *&$^ FJ, and I'll be on mine. I tell ya, after seeing these other XS's, I figure I had better put some lipstick on my pig, just so it looks half decent next to these bikes. I thought mine looked good until I parked next to Hippy Daves bike. I told him he had to park somewhere else, so my bike wouldn't look so bad sitting next to his.

Comment

Wow. Sounds like a great event! Wish I could have joined you, but maybe this summer...
                        All my XSives live in Texas. Well not all, but it's a great line!
                        E.Liberty
                        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Re: The looong, slooow, dark road home.

Originally posted by John
                          [B. I told him he had to park somewhere else, so my bike wouldn't look so bad sitting next to his. [/B]
                          Where's my Sprite bottle, I"ll fix em!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X