TeXSive getogether.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXSive getogether.

I think this ride plan is not well know about since it grew out of an unrelated thread so I thought I would throw a general invitation to everyone.

As most of you know, Pathfinder (Dave) recently passed away. As hard as it was for her, his wife put his pristine, full dress XS up for sale and Planedick bought it.

He is driving out from Cal over the thanksgiving weekend to pick it up and that was the seed for the gathering. A ride has been set up for Saturday, the 25th. Wheels are scheduled to start turning at 10am. This will be a meet and greet with a short cruise and a lunch gathering. Planedick has to get back on the road so we will help him get his bike loaded early Saturday afternoon after the ride/lunch run. The ride will start from someplace in Houston.

Skippy looks like the wagonmaster for this event and I sure he will chime in here if I missed anything or has more details.

If you want to catch up on the conversations surrounding this event, check out the "Well, I did it" thread
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Wagonmaster...

I like that. Thanks for the link Webby. Yeah, you are correct with the info, so far.

Still thinkin' about riding up the cemetary, saying, "Hey," to Dave, then finding a nice route to a good BBQ place close to Cindy's.

Got busy with the grand daughter this past weekend, so I didn't confer with Hippie Dave.

So, if anyone is interested, we are meeting at Cindy's house on Saturday, 11-25. We wanna start the run by 10 am, so be there by 9:40 am.

I will run out to get folks from the US290W and FM1960 East intersection and bring them to Cindy's before the ride.

We can start a head count here. So far I have PlaneDick, Hippie Dave, Succubus, WebCraft, WildKat and John, maybe, HobbyMan maybe, and me

greg
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

We're getting closer to a "more positive maybe"... Kids are taken care of (or will be).
      Looking forward to putting faces to names...

81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

XSTexives:

Wish I could join y'all. I love the people in Texas: I just wish I weren't allergic to it! Whenever I go back there to visit I go crazy from hay fever.
        I met PlaneDick in Solvange CA. We had a good ride, and I'm sure the bike couldn't be passing into better hands.
        I hope to ride back there this summer to visit relatives and as many XSTexans as I can.
        You can take the boy outa Texas, but you can't take Texas outa the man! Ask my wife!
        E.Liberty
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

DOH!
          Cant make fellow TeXSives. I am having shoulder surgery on the 20th and will be out of commision. You guys have fun and ride safe.
          Catch ya'll in April.
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Wayne, I know you have car!!! Someone has to keep John company in the parking lot.
            When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150
              Wayne, I know you have car!!! Someone has to keep John company in the parking lot.
              Car? Whats a car?
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Webbcraft

Originally posted by webbcraft2150
                You forget, WK is going to be with me. I got someone to keep me company, and warm, and, and, and.... Remember, I have to make two fuel stops on the way, AND the way back

Comment

Where to stay?

Okay... with things getting closer... Has anyone made room reservations?
                  Cynthia gave me an area to look around and I found a couple that don't look too bad...
                  Anyone have a preference?
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

For me it may just end up being a 24hr thing. I have made the drive by car many times and I could do it with my eyes closed. But, still not sure about any plans yet.
                    United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                    If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                    "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                    "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                    Acta Non Verba

Comment

Reserved a room

We will be arriving on the 24th. We should be there by the time PlaneDick shows up. I can retrieve him and we can start gathering at Cindy's.
                      1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Sounds like a plan

We should be there the afternoon of the 24th... more exact time depends on getting last minute ends tied up. We should know a little more in the next few days...
                        81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                        80 LG Black Magic
                        78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                        For those on FB

Comment

Hi yall, I got a call from Cindi filling me in on the details about the ride, "Pathfinder" memorial ride should be a great time for all, I dont live far from dave and cindis house and I can get people in to the house also if needed.

I look forward to meeting all of the new riders,
                          if anyone needs they can call me on my cell 281 728 4172

Thanks
                          Bobby

Comment

Thanks Bobby!

I do appreciate you helping out with the logistics. Maybe we can talk soon and look at a small route for Saturday. I have a tentative route, but would like to talk to you and Hippie Dave.

For all the XSives, Bobby is one of Dave's good, dear friends. They used to "go to Church" on Sundays too.

Bobby has a SWEET Kawasaki KZ1000. And yes, it can run. Heck, it can even keep up with the XS11s! (Bobby can take a joke, don't worry!)

greg
                            1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Very cool

My first ride with John was on the back of his KZ1000...

We're pretty much set... dropping the kids off around 9:00 that morning and leaving right after... so maybe in Houston area around 2 or 3 that afternoon.

Looking forward to meeting everyone... and Spiderman... REALLY looking forward to seeing you face to face...
                              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X