Front end alignment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end alignment...

All the time I've had this XS11 the handlebars were always just a little out of alignment. I tried more than once to correct the problem by loosening the tripple tree bolts on the tubes and the wheel bolt and tried to turn the handlebars to a straight position while holding the front wheel. Just couldn't get it just right. Today I decided to take it apart and see why. Well, the why is the left tube is bent just a little, right where it enters the bottom of the tripple tree. GGrrrrrrrrr I wonder if anyone has a good one that won't cost an arm and a leg. I figured I might as well do it right and rebuild the tubes if needed and refill with oil.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

With it being slightly bent you could take the upper fork tube to a shop that has a hydraulic press and straighten out your tube. At the shop I work with part time we do this all the time. We use wooden blocks to hold the tube on both ends and then press where the bend is alittle at a time until the tube is straight. Just a thought.
    Do'Lee
    XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
    (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
    (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
    (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
    SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

I have just what you need. Stock set of standard forks from a 78e xs1100 had approx 24,000 miles on it. Both forks price includes shipping. the forks may need new seals but not pitted and straight. $60.00 andreas

Comment

Working...
      X