Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ride up Mt.Hamilton b/w San Joaquin/San Jose

Sat. A.M. either 23rd or 30th (Sept)
    DiverRay, E.Liberty, Pat Kelly, (more) - what say you?
    I'm bummed about missing the S.Lake Tahoe get-together.

the GOOD thing about living in the middle of "Can'tAffordYa" is you can ride 24/365 - the only thing we have to contend with is a little rain, thick fog (in the winter), and the temps hardly ever get below freezing

1980 XS1100SG

I'm gone the weekend of the 23, but I CAN do the 30!!
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I now have weekends off soooo...........

OK
      anytime
      bring it on
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Mt. Hamilton? Yeh!

My preference would be for a Sunday. I got a bud with a CB900 about our ventage. He works Saturdays and has Sundays off. His wife is fighting cancer and hasn't had a chance to get out much. He would really, really dig joining us on a Sunday putt. I thought we could make his bike an Honorary XS11 and slow down just a little so he could keep up. "On any Sunday" works for me!
        E.Liberty
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

So, is it October 1? Meet somewhere for breakfast and then ride over the hill?
          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Interesting logistics seeing that people live on both sides of the range.
            There is Alum Rock rd from the west heading east (San Jose). Del Puerto Canyon rd from the east heading west (Patterson). And Mines road from the north heading south (Livermore). All three meet at a little cafe at "the Junction". Noon on weekends sees 50 - 200 bikes in the parking lot with all these bikes carving the roads. You never know when some "wanna-be racer" is over the centerline comming at you at 100 MPH (BTW, there's no centerline on Mines rd).
            Mines rd also intersects with Coral Hollow rd which winds by Lawrence Livermore Lab (WMD factory). Both Coral Hollow and Del Puerto have motorcycle off-road parks (Carnagie and Frank Raines parks), can sit and watch dirtbikes fall down long hills.

I'm still ready to ride!
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

I can do early Saturdays or Sunday afternoons:
              Sunday I'm the 'sound guy' in church for the band and pastor
              and right after that I help a guy that's had a couple of strokes with stuff around his house - so his wife "gets a break"

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Dammmmmmmmmm. You guy's are hittin me pretty bad here. This is my old stompin grounds, Where I went to high school ( Tracy ) Sure wish I was in your neck of the woods, Ya could try and make it from the top of the Altamont, Take GrantLine road over to Altamont road and cut back toward livermore, Or head down by the Mountain House Bar, follow that rollercoaster toward Bethany resivoir. Patterson Pass road is a good one to ride. Jeeeeezzzzzzzz. Now I'm home sick and stuck in South Dakota. Mabee next year. Gotta get out to see my mom.
                S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                1-big XS patch
                1-small XS/XJ patch
                1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Possable Senario

(That means "a plan" for all you folks in Rio Linda.)

Ray and I ride over to Modesto (or thereabouts) Suday morning, with Mark, my CB900 buddy, and we hang out untill we are all assembled then ride up, over, and down the San Jose side.
                  This will leave us Santa Cruzans close to home and you flatlanders not too far way by freeway.
                  E.Liberty

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

On I-5 at Sperry Ave (J19) in Patterson there is a complex of gas stations and restraunts and motels. We could meet-up there.
                    Pat Kelly
                    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                    1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

Yada Yada

Sounds good to me. My friend Mark is into it. Don't know where these places are, but I'm sure that between Ray, Mark, and I that we can find them. We'll nail down one location to meet before Oct. 1st, eh?
                      E. Liberty

Comment

By looking at all of you guy's locations, A good central place for all of you to meet up would probably be around Gilroy, at the bottom of the hill, off of rt 58. If my memory serves me correct, There sould be a small diner/restaurant on the south side of the road. Then it's an easy jump back onto 58 towards Los Banos/Madera, over the Pocheco Pass. Check it out.
                        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                        1-big XS patch
                        1-small XS/XJ patch
                        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

58? Do you mean 152? 58 comes out of Bakersfield. Gilroy is now a thriving metropolis, with a Starbuck's on every corner, but the roads in and out are still 50's era, meaning construction and backed-up traffic. We should meet in either Modesto or San Jose, then ride over the hill, with half the group heading back home and the other half already being near home. Either way works. Pacheco Pass can be an adventure on a bike...not in a good way. Narrow lanes, fast traffic, retaining wall in the middle and stone face or drop-off on the outside, and the possibility of scary winds. My left arm is permanently two inches longer than my right as a result a a Hollister/Pacheco Pass windy day...steady 30mph with gusts to 50. I watched it lift up and drop a VW into the next lane once, a hundred yards ahead of me. The guy did a good job and held on. I used a semi as a screen and prayed to a wide variety of dieties.

Hey...Hollister might be a better spot than San Jose for a meeting...a more biker-friendly ville, and not far off the beaten path...
                          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Pat, We will meet you in Patterson. I can find it, and it is probably the best starting point. If we leave early, should be there about 9:30 or 10:00am, Sunday, October 1.
                            Ray
                            Ray Matteis
                            KE6NHG
                            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I'll be there (and every weekend up until then)
                              Pat Kelly
                              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                              1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

Working...
                              X