ride up Mt.Hamilton b/w San Joaquin/San Jose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoHo,
    If you DON'T make this one, it will be TWO!! I don't play baseball, so you don't get three strikes!
    Give it a try, and we will probably NOT leave the "Denny's" until 10:30.
    Remember, there are TWO days in a weekend, and you have the 24 hours of Sunday to get it all done!
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

OK, I'm working tonight (fri). I'm normally off at 6 am BUT.....
      I'm staying over (more overtime + bonus pay).
      I'll get off work at 10 am. It takes about a half hour to get to Patterson (less if no traffic). I should make it by 10:30. If not I'll be speeding-up from behind you.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Another XSively nice ride.
        Also good to meet another lister, MRO. Would have been nice if he could have joined us for more than just food.
        Beautiful day for riding. Quite a few bikes at the Junction. Did a tour of the observatory.
        I worked all the night before and the morning of the ride. I only went to the top of the Mt. then headed back down the way we came up (east).
        I'm hoping everyone made it down the other side (west) ok, haven't heard from anyone since.
        Next ride Ed gets to lead so he can take some pictures . I'm ready to go again!
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Another XSively nice ride

Was after 6 when I was able to close up shop. If I would have gone over the hill with you guys would still have had to go back to work

At Denny's met "Pat and Uncle" for first time.
          XSive's are a great group.

mro

Comment

Here's my 2 cents

Well the hour is late, not much to relate, except we rode like hell and had a swell time.
            Here are a few pics.
            I'm pretty sure this is MRO's bike. Classic "rat bike," as are most of ours actually. Absolutely no disrespect ment. I like bikes that are ridden more than they are polished! That's MRO on the right, PatKelly in the middle, and UncleSpot showing his best side

Another groupe shot taken at a biker bar about halfway up the "backside." Met some other riders on a wide variety of bikes. This is a very popular stop for riders around here. I'm sure someone will fill in the details, like it's name and location.

Here's a shot looking down from the parking lot of Lick Obsevatory. Did someone say twisty road?
            The haze obscures the view of San Jose.

I have more pics but I'm out of time.
            Ride on!
            E.Liberty
            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Waiting on your pics E

Looks like y'all had a great ride!

Would love to see more of your pics... I spent some time (year and half) out that way (Monterey... courtesy of Uncle Sam)... and loved every minute of it! Beautiful country...
              Miss everything but the "rumbly in my tumbly" feeling (was there for the Bay earthquake)...
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Rockin' &amp; rollin&quot;

Glad you like my photo's.
                Do you mean "The Loma Prieta QuaKe"?
                If you look closely you can see Loma Prieta peeking (in a manner of speaking) out of the clouds in the middle of this shot taken from the Lick Observitory.

Don't have time to do a proper Photoshop touch-up. I gotta get back into that..." if you don't use it you loose it!"
                Yep, I remember exactly where I was, and what I was doing when it hit. Talk about "a Whole lotta shakin' goin' on!"
                E.Liberty
                Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Well hell! The last few posts before the ride got me thinking that it was going to be just me and Pat Kelly, with him disappearing over the horizon and then parking while I caught up. It looks like you had a reasonable number of bikes. I'll make sure to attend the next one...maybe I'll even put it on!
                  "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

yeah LoHo - ya missed a great ride. doin' the twisties up to the Junction was fun, and then up to the Lick Observatory - and the 'tour' of the oldest telescope (1875?) was VERY informative.

...I think Ray's sole purpose was just to replace a coffee mug he got in the gift shop a few years back that he had broken...

...Pat, if was good for you that you went back down the east side... I rode into San Jose and went north on 680 and then up the 'Nimitz' FWY - it was TOTAL "anarchy"-driving; some of the worst I've ***EVER*** seen - it was SCARY ! I finally got home about midnight... 'was sore for a couple of days afterwards...
                    ...and it was worth it !

...so; when we gonna do it again?!?!?

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
                    X