No announcement yet.

Not too impressed with Jeff's Cycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on Jeff's Cycles Received! READ!!

Hey folks,

Received this email to our CONTACT US address, some of you will find it at least conforting to know what happened!
    The following message was sent to you via the XS11.com Forums Contact Us form by Kristin Alexander ( mailto:kalexander@atg.wa.gov ).

--------------------------------

Saw some complaints on your message board about this business and thought you may want to share with your members:

http://atg.wa.gov/pressrelease.aspx?id=22938

Rob McKenna
    ATTORNEY GENERAL OF WASHINGTON
    1125 Washington Street SE • PO Box 40100 • Olympia WA 98504-0100

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    June 2, 2009

Judge’s order puts skids on motorcycle parts dealer’s deceptive sales practices

Goldendale couple told to pay more than $89,000

GOLDENDALE – The Washington Attorney General’s Office is working to “keep the dirty side down”* for motorcycle enthusiasts who shop for parts over the Internet.

When bikers across the country began complaining about not receiving the parts they bought from a Washington-based business, the Consumer Protection Division hammered down* and sued Slade and Shawn Kitchens, of Dallesport, in September 2008.

“The Kitchens took their customers for a ride when they took their cash but didn’t ship their throttle cables, gas tanks and other parts,” said Assistant Attorney General Mary Lobdell. “Today’s court order shuts them down.”

The state accused the Kitchens of violating the state’s consumer protection law by failing to ship orders, provide refunds or obtain required business licenses.

Klickitat County Superior Court Judge Brian Altman agreed, permanently barring the Kitchens from selling or buying vehicle parts or telecommunications equipment over the Internet. The decision also prohibits them from making misrepresentations should they operate another retail business in the future.

The Kitchens were ordered to pay $25,000 in penalties and $13,400 in restitution for nearly 60 customers. The pair must also reimburse the state for more than $51,000 in attorneys’ fees and legal costs. The order filed today came as a default motion after the defendants failed to respond to the state’s lawsuit.

The Kitchens sold engines, transmissions, seats and other parts online at www.jeffscycles.com and www.cycleparts2007.com. They also sold telecommunications parts online at www.commdataconversions.com. The Web sites are no longer in operation.

They conducted business under a plethora of names: Jeff’s Cycles, Hood River Cycles, PTC Telecom, Cycle Parts 2007, S&S Cycles, Motor Parts Corp., Vintage Cycle Parts, Prospect Tel. & Cycle, Denver Monahan, Hood River Installers, Comm and Data Equipment, Telcom & Data Resale, Gorge PTC, Refurbishing Dock-Comm & Data Equipment and commdataconversions.com.

Slade Kitchens sometimes used the names Joe Matthews, Terry Reynolds, T. Shine and Denver.

The Attorney General’s Office is mailing letters to consumers starting this Friday. Lobdell said the Attorney General’s Office will do everything possible to collect on the judgment but that the Kitchens don’t have much money.

DOCUMENTS:

Complaint
    State’s Memo Supporting Default Judgment
    Order of Default
    Default Judgment, Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law

- 30 –

*Keep the dirty side down: A parting expression between bikers meaning “ride safely.”
    *Hammered down: Accelerate quickly.

Media Contact: Kristin Alexander, Media Relations Manager – Seattle, (206) 464-6432,
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

That is pretty cool that they put these dirt bags outta business but how long till they pop up under a different name?
      http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1241/1480921818_241eade448_s.jpg

Comment

That almost makes me feel better about the $80 that stole from me.
        "Shop"
        Click Here! For the latest XS11 bobber update. shopschops.blogspot.com

Comment

payback

Like my old gramps used to say, "It's all on a wheel, what goes around, comes around". Of course gramps drank his own home-made hootch.
          Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
          1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
          1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

Why aren't these SOBs not in jail? Or better yet 6' under. In the old days if you ripped off a bunch on bikers sooner or late one of them would shoot you.

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
              Why aren't these SOBs not in jail? Or better yet 6' under. In the old days if you ripped off a bunch on bikers sooner or late one of them would shoot you.

Geezer
              No kidding! Although it goes the same as the idea of car thieves - As far as I'm concerned, a car is the modern equivalent of a horse. If you were caught stealing a horse, that was worth a hangin'! Now, you steal a car, and you get a year or two in jail, and you're back out there stealing more cars...
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                No kidding! Although it goes the same as the idea of car thieves - As far as I'm concerned, a car is the modern equivalent of a horse. If you were caught stealing a horse, that was worth a hangin'! Now, you steal a car, and you get a year or two in jail, and you're back out there stealing more cars...
                In Portland, OR, they give car thieves, a ticket and sometimes they're out on the street the same day.

God made man and Sam Colt made them even.

Geezer
                Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
                X