Not too impressed with Jeff's Cycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too impressed with Jeff's Cycles

I did an online query on their site, in late July or early August looking for ignition coils. They phoned me right away to let me know they had the parts in stock and would ship right away. The price was pretty good and they offered a warranty so I ordered them. So far so good, fast response, good price.

On August 28th I saw the charge on my credit card dated August 3rd and there was no sign of the coils. The number listed with the charge was out of service so I looked them up. They informed me that the coils did ship right away, but from one warehouse to another and weren't actually shipped to me until the 18th. WTF???

It's now Sept. 8th, no coils and I just left them a message on their answering machine asking them where my coils are. (The message on their machine still says they're away for the labour day weekend).

Another month of our riding season lost (so far) because these guys weren't exactly honest about their inventory. Obviously they didn't have the coils but knew where they could find some. They got me to pre-pay then ordered them from another source. Had I known I would have sourced them elsewhere and been on the road by now.

There's an awful lot of red flags with these guys. I won't deal with them again.

If you need a set of ignition coils for a 78-80 xs1100 I have a good used low mileage set on the recently aquired parts bike. approx 40,000 km Wires,caps,coils,mounts, including shipping to you $50.00 Cdn. andreashweiss@yahoo.com If I ship today you will have them next week.

Comment

It's a shame you don't take Paypal

Comment

on that subject (nothing to do with you, andrea), I have often wondered why some sellers on ebay absolutely refuse to do paypal. I have even offered sellers in the past MORE money to cover the cost of the transaction fee that paypal charges you whin you move the money to an actual bank acount. Maybe, it is a way for them to keep their buisiness off the books and out of the eyes of THE MAN Just a rondom thought, sorry
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

i sell on ebay, i use paypal, i have the free version
          that doesn't allow you to recieve payments that are funded with credit cards,--major pain
          also they limit how much money you can recieve every month to 500.00

if you don't like that, you can upgrade to the account with fees for everything.

it is a pain, but buyers like it because it is quick
          so i do it
          http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
          78E main ride, since birth the "good"
          78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
          78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
          79F Parts
          80G Parts
          75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

If you need the coils I will send them to you. Paypal is a good system I just prefer not to use it. I also do not sell any parts on ebay. Ebay is great just prefer not to use it. Call me stubborn. andreas

Comment

These guy's at Jeff's cycles are SLIME. Do not deal with them. I've been calling and leaving voice mails with no response. I called today and finally got a human being instead of a voice mail. I was lied to several times. The coils were not in stock when I first called, were NEVER shipped and are still sitting there.

I got nothing from them but attitude with one guy having the gall to suggesting it was my on fault for not processing a chargeback and looking elsewhere sooner (i.e. you should have realized we were screwing you sooner?!?). They claim the guy who processed my order in the first place was fired for inomcpetence, but I dealt with more than one person and that doesn't explain the phone calls that weren't returned. Lies on top of lies.

Being a two-bit slipshod operation is bad enough but the utter lack of integrity is inexcusable. I'll let you know if I have problems getting the refund.

Avoid Jeff's Cycles like the plague.

Comment

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but I'd like to add a positive experience:

Ordered my 1196 bigbore kit on Aug 22. I sent a money order instead of using a credit card (wife less likely to catch-on to what I'm doing ) so I knew it would take awhile for the money to get there, clear the bank(s), be shiped, and arrive. Last month I called Pro Flo and inquired if it had been shipped, they said it had, so i continued to wait. Last wek I called them again and they checked with USPS, guess it was lost in transit. Anyhow they're sending another kit direct from Wiesco (ProFlo is out of stock now) so it should arrive soon..... I hope. I promised them if a 2nd kit arrives I'll refuse the shipment (if I have the funds at the time I'll accept it and pay them for kit #2, after all, have 2 XS1100's).
                Quite a show of faith for them to send a 2nd $400 kit on just my word. Somewhere there's an 1196 bigbore kit sitting in a corner of a postoffice.
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Man that's annoying.

Why is it that just before people hijack a thread they state that they aren't trying to hijack the thread? That's like saying "I'm not trying to stink up the room" and then farting...and just about as rude.

Comment

&quot;I never thought of it like that.&quot;

But then again... I'm not one to give an advanced notice... in either instance. Must be a family thing. My brother doesn't give a warning, either. He's got one of those cars with the child safety system for the power windows. When ever I see him press the button and lock the windows, I know it's gonna be a long ride!
                    Ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread.
                    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

&quot;Got a little curious.&quot;

I did a search here and didn't seem to find any previous threads concerning Jeff's Cycles,(but I might have missed it) so I googled the joint.
                      Read through the site and explored a little. My thoughts, for what it's worth... I get the impression that this outfit doesn't have any parts at all. They just process your money, and order the parts for you from an established business that actually stocks them. (might explain their partial-excuse of your parts being shipped from one warehouse to another, etc.)
                      Their Yamaha section didn't seem to have any parts displayed... you just have to tell them what you want, and they'll get back with you.
                      No... I don't think I'd do business with them, either.
                      Sure, I may be wrong in my assessment. Anyone else deal with this outfit before?
                      Last edited by prometheus578; 10-04-2006, 11:34 PM.
                      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Jeff's Cycles will Screw you over!

Jeff's Cycles did me dirty too! I ordered a stator for a old Honda Ct 90, and same deal they said that they had it in stock and then sent me one that wasnt even close. I even gave them all the serial numbers stamped on the part! I was out around $80 so when I called them to return it they would tell me that they were going to call me back but never would, this went on for weeks. Then they wouldn't answer my calls, I finally just ate the $80 and called it quits. Sounds like somebody needs to make a call to the BBB.
                        "Shop"
                        Click Here! For the latest XS11 bobber update. shopschops.blogspot.com

Comment

Bbb

A call to BBB won't do any good, it's a voluntary organization with no authority over anyone except their members, everyone else just ignores them.
                          Fastmover
                          "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                          lion". SHL
                          78 XS1100e

Comment

Deal with Jeff's cycles at your own risk.

They took my money and never sent me the parts. When I called, they said the company had changed owners and I was out of luck. I'll only deal with reputable major vendors from now on.
                            Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
                            1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
                            23mm float height
                            120 main jets
                            42.5 pilot jets
                            drilled stock airbox with K&N
                            Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
                            spade fusebox
                            1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

I feel the same as ...

Andreas ..

. Paypal is a good system I just prefer not to use it. I also do not sell any parts on ebay. Ebay is great just prefer not to use it. Call me stubborn. andreas
                              At the very least I try to avoid it whenever possible... have had some good and some less than satisactory results. I'd rather use another source like ... uhh...., Mr. Weiss or a member here.
                              80G Mini-bagger
                              VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                              79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                              79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                              79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                              79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
                              X