No announcement yet.

Type of helmet poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe X-Eleven full face, very please with the venting and comfort. I have worn it in down poors and had no leaks.
    DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Comment

I split helmet time between 80's vintage open face Bell Mag and full face Bell TuorStar II.
      Do'Lee
      XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
      (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
      (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
      (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
      SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

I wear a nice solid orange HJC full face, the perforated leather jacket helps in summer too.
        81 Standard "Babe the Blue"
        sticky side down!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennyz
          Shoe X-Eleven full face, very please with the venting and comfort. I have worn it in down poors and had no leaks.
          i sweat so much in mine that a downpour would be invited...
          "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
          History
          85 Yamaha FJ 1100
          79 yamaha xs1100f
          03 honda cbr 600 f4
          91 yamaha fzr 600
          84 yamaha fj 1100
          82 yamaha seca 750
          87 yamaha fazer
          86 yamaha maxim x
          82 yamaha vision
          78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

I usually wear an HJC 3/4 helmet (CS-5) around town but wear my HJC AC-11 full-face for highway riding. Of course, they are silver to match my Windjammer!
            '79 XS11F Standard

Comment

Shoei Raid full face for me.

After my last 'off' the ambulance guys wanted to see the helmet to work out the extent of injury.

Mine was scraped from chin guard to forehead, my girlfriend's had road grit embedded in the chin guard.

Better the helmet takes the damage than your face.
              Brian
              XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
              Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

New Helmet $300, New Jacket - $200, New Pants $125, Not having to pick at scabs - Priceless
                Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Shoei RF700 full face. I always get good deals on helmets because of my massive head. Once they've sat on the shelf a few years, and no one has converted them into an igloo, the dealer realizes that it's time to discount! You know, I could probably paint some cool graphics on my head, put a Shoei sticker on my forehead and no one would realize it's not a helmet!
                  2010 Kawasaki Z1000
                  1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

Helmet

I wear an HJC CL-SP full face helmet. I also wear a heavy leather jacket. I won't wear anything else. When i was like 6 my older brother put his GSXR 750 through the rear end of a car. The car cut right in front of him and locked up the brakes. Needless to say it was ugly. He went through the rear windshield, broke the shifter off with his head, broke 5 ribs, dislocated his shoulder, and had a compound fracture of his radius. His arm was all twisted around the peddles. He ended up with his head stuck under the dashboard. The firemen said it ws the first time they needed the jaws of life for a motorcycle accident. If he wasn't wearing his gear he wouldn't be here. This is why I wear full protective gear.
                    Jake
                    82 XJ1100 "Slave One"

Comment

full face

I ride with a full face only, it's a nice one. A Shoei I picked up on craigslist. Custom paint job and all, papers from DOT and autographed pic of the racer who previously owned it. MSRP and paint= $800. my price=$99. Screamin deal!

Comment

A full-face, desperately needing to be replaced Bell Star I got new in 2001 after I rammed my old Bell head first into a little brick wall (brick mailbox) doing 30.

Some time before this, when I was even more reckless, I was showing off to my friend on a dirt road...doing a long burnout...then the bike chucked forward and I got pinned...yup...face first into the ground and slid about 20 feet like that with the bike on top of me....glad I had a full face then too!
                        1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
                        1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
                        http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

full-face HJC DOT and Snell approved. Wear with my leather Jacket. With the air vents, I never have a problem with sweating. I got it a Cycle Gear and yes, they are great about exchanges if you find it does not fit proper or just do not like the color.
                          1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Full fixed face HJC right now, but i want to get a modular. Not sure why, but I just want one. Could have something to do with riding home one day with food poisoning. I didn't buckle up that ride, just in case.

If the chin comes off due to impact, my necks probably broke anyway.

Randy
                            Randy

"I didn't break it! IT FAILED!"

'82 XJ1100 "yamama"
                            '09 Buell Ulysses
                            '01 HD softail std - crunched

Comment

I usually wear an HJC full-face that's perhaps reaching it's "best before" date.
                              I confess to wearing my wife's 3/4 helmet while she went helmetless in the 105ºF heat in Montana last summer. On backroads. With a vintage motorcycle group. Riding a sidecar rig. NOT a thing I'd do on the highway, even with Montana's lack of a helmet law.
                              When my current helmet is a touch more nackered I'll be looking at a flip-front. Getting a full-face on and off wearing glasses is a total pain.
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I tend to ride most with a 3/4. I've had a number of full face helmets over the years and I have yet to find one that I feel comfortable in. I must have some claustrophobia issues because I get real antsy while wearing one. Also, I'm not the smallest guy around and I find that with the full face helmets that I have, the helmet hangs up on my shoulder before I can get my head far enough around to see behind me. While this blind spot can definitely be a pain in traffic, I find that it gives me the most trouble backing the bike up without hitting things. Even so, I do don a full face when the temps drop. I also must confess that I am guilty of going topless when the urge hits in the summer months. Sometimes the reward is just worth the extra risk.
                                1980 XS 1100 Standard
                                1980 XS 1100 Special
                                1982 XJ 1100
                                1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

Working...
                                X