No announcement yet.

Identify yourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know... just re-reading that last post... if you don't know who Prometheus was.... read about it.... lol. You will understand it better..

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

"Lordy... how I can babble!"

Ahh... there's nothing like hijacking another's thread and running it completely into the ground. Guess I'm just easily distracted.
      Me thinkā€™ist I think'st too much, then again maybe too little?
      Yes, MRO, but everyone on this site is similar. Regardless of their occupation, they all have a mechanical inclination and the desire to fix it themselves.
      To troubleshoot, is to think, and by thinking, follow it to the logical conclusion. I just happen to get lost along the way most times.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Originally posted by trbig
        Ya know... just re-reading that last post... if you don't know who Prometheus was.... read about it.... lol. You will understand it better..

Tod
        So, Tod, are you saying you think he might be one of the "1 in 30,000" society?
        Ken Talbot

Comment

"the "1 in 30,000" society? "

Did a quick Google search, Ken. The only references I found to "One in 30,00" was articles concerning Achromatopsia. Not really sort of colorblind, but they distinguish shapes and patterns only by the intensity of the light reflected.
          As for them having a society, I'm not sure. Did read where there's an atoll in the pacific, where it is quite endemic.
          Colorblind or Achromotopic, no. But occasionally, "I do see the light".

Comment

Ah, grasshopper, check it out here

Ken Talbot

Comment

"Grasshopper, no. More like a Seven Year Locust, or a Body Crab."

What a bunch o' pompous blowhards.
              (Hhmmm... better exercise caution. There might be a reason that Ken "knows" of this group. Best not to offend)
              Seems the criterion for membership is ... unstated. Acceptable score based upon acceptable tests. Stanford-Binet...? Weschler... ? And just what would be considered a qualifying mark? Of course, if one were a candidate for this society, I suppose that one would already know what score puts them in the "1 in 30,000" grouping already.
              How do they compare to Mensa, they being the top 2%? Sure, there's nothing wrong with selective breeding for a better species and killing off the useless eaters, but I don't quite care for their whole "One World Government" concept, ruled by the pampered elite. (Don't we have that already?)
              I've read a lot of their newsletters and such, but am more impressed with the writings of their "Black-balled" members... those on the fringe... unwilling to follow the "hive mind" mentality.
              Sure, I laugh at some of the contestants on "Jeopardy", but the game is often won by the use of planning and stategy, the mediocre player winning when the two "bright stars" end up cancelling each other out.
              Intelligence isn't how much one knows, but more... how one views things.
              What one knows is usually only what one has been taught. To take a concept, see past it and move to the next logical level, is a marker of intelligence.
              Sure, I try to follow that path upward, but along the way, always seem to get distracted; "Gee... those are some pretty flowers growing along the road... How do flowers grow? Where are the bees that pollinated them? And off I go scampering blindly through the woods looking for the hive.
              Distractions make life interesting. (walk through the mall with your wife and turn your head to glance at a pretty girl. Bet your spouse make things "a little interesting"!)

Groucho put it best,"I'd never join a society that would allow people like me to be members."
              Or as his brother Harpo would say, "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _"

(Enjoying life as a low-grade moron... flying off on tangents and writing venomous "Letters to the Editor")

Comment

Re: "Grasshopper, no. More like a Seven Year Locust, or a Body Crab."

Originally posted by prometheus578
                (Hhmmm... better exercise caution. There might be a reason that Ken "knows" of this group.
                No worry about that, just ask SWMBO...
                Ken Talbot

Comment

The Prometheus I was refering to had just a tad more to do with Greek Mythology. Besides... who would want 30,000 of the XS11 Guru, Prometheus.... isn't ONE, more often than not, more than enough??

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

"Man, can you imagine the noise!"

All 30,000 of us standin' around... tootin' our own horns!

Comment

How do they compare to Mensa, they being the top 2%

Only a very small fraction of top 1% of Mensa would even be considered by the "bunch o' pompous blowhards".

Imagine what they would be w/o the trappings of our society. Not exactly survivor material.

btw
                      what was this thread about? oh.........("tootin' our own horns!")

tried that today, stuck behind a guy talking on cell phone at a left turn stop light which had turned green.

First time I've tooted me horn (XS horn that is )
                      came out a very weak squeaK

mro

Comment

Working...
                      X