The Best Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Forum!

Just curious, I love telling my friends about this website, & how it makes me proud, & kind of "special" to own a special. Are there other websites out there for other bikes that even come close to the "family" kind of feeling that we have here? I"m amazed at the world-wide appeal of these bikes. I remember the Midnight Special when it came out, & how I wanted one, but $$$....., maybe some day............now I've got a 79 Special, ( not a midnight, I'll live ), & I love it. It needs constant care, being "old" as far as years go, but with the help of a lot of people here, it runs great. I know Harley has a large following, but I wonder about other bikes?

Harley has a website where owners write in, seeking help with their machines. Problems like:
    "Help... my bike doesn't have any power."
    "Help... my bike vibrates too much."
    The thing is... nobody is quite sure just how to fix them!
    KZRider fer Kawasaki is ok
    Yamaha Triples is sort of ok, but I find it hard to navigate through.
    In terms of info, format and ease of use... this is the place.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

yes, this is the best site

.. i have not been anywhere on the internet that has been as easy use as this site. the people here are really what makes this site so great. and i have seen a picture of Prometheus in his leather pants, he is a sexy man!
      .. as far as the harleys, we just stand around and scratch our heads and wander the same thing, or we dance around the bikes, waving a stick with feathers on the end and shout out chants. its also a good thing that buying tools to repair these things are so cheap, you hardly ever have to replace hammers and chissels.

Comment

this is the place. Yup

Venture/Honda/Hardleys

I confess to being on a few other sites.
        But it's the anticipation of seeing pics from wildcat/firecat/raider and a few others that brings me back to this site

but then agin, don't mind readen posts from all the cool gurus here either

mro
        the menace

Comment

WHAT OTHER WEB SITES

THIS WEB SITE AND CLUB WITH ALL THE GREAT HELP WAS THE DECIDING FACTOR FOR ME TO BY MY XS!!! IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU GUYS I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT THE XS1100 AND WENT OUT AND SENT 10 GRAND ON A V-MAX. THANKS , SAVED ME ABOUT NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS AND DEALING WITH THE GREAT WONDERFUL YAMAHA DEALERS

BOYZSBLUE [LEON]
          BOYZSBLUE [ LEON ]

1980-XS1100SG

BOYZSBLUE@HOTMAIL.COM

Comment

and i have seen a picture of Prometheus in his leather pants, he is a sexy man!
            Oh, how you flatter. I bet you say that to all the boys.
            Quick, GNEPIG, who is sexier? The guy in leather pants with the hairy chest, or the guy in leather pants with the braided goatee?[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Hey BoyzBlue, if you would have bought that V-Max you could have bragged to all your buddies that you have the fastest bike on the planet! Plus, you would have never been late for anything every again! Those V-Maxes are profitable too -- you can race smart-alek crotch rocket riders for money!
              Yamaha Believer

Jack of all trades - Master of none

79 XS1100, Macho Maroon
              80 XS1100, came and gone
              80 XS650 Special, friends for years
              86 XV1100, putt-around-town bike

Comment

V MAX

THAT BIKE MAY COME IN NEXT YEAR. HAVEN'T GIVIN UP ON IT ,JUST PUT IT HOLD TIL XS US THE WAY I WANT IT

BOYZSBLUE [ LEON ]
                BOYZSBLUE [ LEON ]

1980-XS1100SG

BOYZSBLUE@HOTMAIL.COM

Comment

Quick, GNEPIG, who is sexier? The guy in leather pants ,the hairy chest, or the

Prom I think the question needs to be asked.. Which one is better with a wrench?
                  wingnut
                  81 SH (Daily Ride)
                  81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
                  81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
                  82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
                  81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I've been to a lot so different motorcycle web site and this is far and away the best. This site is part of the reason I bought the XS. When I look at a bike to buy I check it out on the web. I did that with the XS back in 2002. Bought the bike. I've looked at a lot of them by model. (Thanks (or no thanks) to SWMBO I look at a lot more than I buy). A lot of the sites are OK but this is the best.

BOYZSBLUE Never buy a new bike. The price drops faster than cars. The V-Max is special but if you like to ride (put on miles) the XS is far better.

GNEPIG - We look at sexy in very different ways.

Prom - No contest!

Bob
                    #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                    #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                    '97 V-Max
                    '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

.. the bear is pretty cool with the literhosen and all but you are by far sexier.
                      ..you wouldnt happen to know any of these people would you?

.. sorry man, i couldnt resist

Comment

hey GNEPIG

note guy in first photo, (right side of pic, prom's post)
                        note guy in second photo, (right side of pic, your post)
                        both dress similar, and note position of there left hands.

Maybe it's gnepigic, I mean genetic??

mro
                        btw
                        bear seems to have a rather satisfied look

Comment

My... what a studious eye you've got there, MRO.

We're it me, I would have commented that the show was performed in Germany... or that these aren't the originals, as Army Boy is wearing the new desert pattern, but then again, it's not often that someone drops hints that he looks at men to study hand to crotch proximity, so I must mock while the mocking's good.

Nor would I have posted a photo such as this, for one could rightly infer, that someone spends a little too much time "cruising" sites of this flavor, looking for photos that interest him for whatever reason.
                          Me...? If I want to see miscreants parading their warped sexuality around on stage, I'd watch "Springer".

Comment

braided goatee?

Very cool,.......

had heard about the pony tails and stick on tattoos...
                            but that’s the first braided goatee

mro

Comment

touche'

.. ha ha Ha!, hand crotch proximity... way to be a sport [i cant stop laughing!]
                              what was the title of this thread again?. oh yeah, the best forum and a fun one too

Comment

Working...
                              X