No announcement yet.

High E-Bay bids lately...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe with the prices on parts skyrocketing, I should not be so lax about not locking mine up when it outside. Whos gonna mess with a 26 year old bike when its parked next to a 23k Beemer or HD.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty
      Keep paying attention. Prices on eBay fluctuate wildly. Be patient.
      My thinking is that back in December people are spending there money on other things like Christmas & heating bills, and not on themselves. Creating more supply than demand when it comes to the bike parts.

Once we got a little closer to spring, are paying more attention to their bikes, and more buyers start crawling out of the woodwork, creating a sellers market.
      '81 H XS11 Standard.

Comment

Just proving a point. xs11 parts-sale

Just remember ebay is NOT the only place to find xs1100 parts. I have one of each of these items and prices will include shipping in continental USA Complete wiring harness off of a 78e standard uncut in excellent condition.$40.00 ,Rear chrome seat bar off 78e standard chrome excellent $25.00,right sidecover will fit 79sf or 81h $25.00,pair of cams off 1981h $12.00, complete rear brake system(everything) $25.00,starter $20.00,coils (ballast type) $25.00,TCI(78-80)$25.00,Regulater $25.00 e-mail andreashweiss@yahoo.com

Comment

"Sweet dreams and XSive machines"

Andreas,

You're the man!

...any chance you'd be interested in giving a try on making an XS11 shop? If so, I can offer you free webhosting (I have a good deal set up with my webhosting company, and can host up to 5 domains with a gig of storage at no additional cost to me), and I'll help out by making calls to manufacturers of parts that other stores carry... were there to be one store that combined a wide selection of parts, used, new, etc. and all in one place, I'd be willing to bet that you'd have business, ESPECIALLY if there was cross-compatability listed for the XS750, 850, etc.

of course, there are practical concerns, monetary investment to buy parts, time needed to collect them, to build the website and run the business, etc.

but it'd be pretty awesome....

yeah, I'm a dreamer... what can ya do?

-Kris

PS. www.andreasweiss.com IS taken, but www.xsiveparts.com and www.xs11parts.com are both available.
          Kristoffer
          "Take apart yer carbs!"
          1978 XS1100E - "The Maroon Baboon" (SOLD)
          1979 XS1100 (3 of them) in the garage. Not deserving of names yet.

Comment

That's it... I'm waiting until the winter to buy anything.

Unbelievable. Seller's market! I didn't realize there were that many of us?

Ben
            1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
            1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
            1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
            1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
            1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
            1982 XS650
            1980 XS1100g
            1979 XS1100sf
            1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

being patient...

There are some things for the XS on ebay that you probably shouldn't be patient about. I was patient when hunting for my gsxr TB's and fuel pump. I got great deals on them. However, don't be patient on side covers. When I first started hunting for them, almost a couple years ago now, they were all over the place and could be had for around 20 sometimes less. I was patient and watched the prices rise and rise and the supply fall. The one I was just watching is up to $41 and still has 11 hours of price driving and an almost certain session of sniping to follow. So, use your patience sparingly. In the mean time, I will be prepairing to dump a whole lot on a cover and hope SWMBO doesn't notice
              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

demand will fall, but not prices??

Sellers these days seem to be smarter than the laws (or rather so called laws) of supply and demand... perhaps they took a lesson from the oil companies? Prices won't fall (or at least not much), but demand might decrease seasonally, as mentioned.

...thing is, ebay is supposed to kinda counteract price gouging, but it doesn't work. Whenever there's ANY promise of returned demand (and with classic bike parts, demand is going to remain a constant increase, year by year), prices will remain relatively high.
                Kristoffer
                "Take apart yer carbs!"
                1978 XS1100E - "The Maroon Baboon" (SOLD)
                1979 XS1100 (3 of them) in the garage. Not deserving of names yet.

Comment

Working...
                X