No announcement yet.

Helmet opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always wore Bell helmets in the past, but when it came time to replace it I found a Bieffe at the local independent mc shop, the only one who has any reputation for knowing which end is up, it was both DOT and Snell approved, it fit right and was under $100.
    It was last years style and he needed the shelf space.

Ed Z.

P.S. Always wore fiberglass shells in the past. This one is a polycabonate and is a better fit and lighter than the OLD Bells
    (last one was a Snell 95 Bellstar 120)

Yes I wear glass to drive or ride and use a full face helmet.
    It's an 80 LG My Midnight Ride
    81 XJ650 MAXIM The Preachers Bike (Gone but not forgotten)
    82 KZ 305 CSR Training Wheels (now my daughters)
    82 GS 850 GL SWMBO's (HER RIDE)

'He who wanders is not always lost."

Comment

Many helmet makers have dropped paying for Snell foundation testing. They weren't getting enough extra business to cover the cost.

Last I heard the Oregon Motorcycle Road Racing Assn, dropped the Snell requirement and replaced it with the helmet had to pass tech inspection along with the bike before the race.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

In line with most of the others here, shop for the helmet locally. Fit is everything. I bought one online, a nice Bell Full face. Damn thing cramped my head so bad, I couldn't war it for more than 20 minutes. I found a Fulmer, SNELL and DOT at Competition Accessories here in Springfield (great shop!) and with the flip up face, it solves my claustrophobia issue at stop lights.
        Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
        78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
        02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

I like Bieffe helmets 'cept the ones I've had seem really big on the outside. Peripheral vision seems good on the full face ones which is an important consideration. Most of the time I wear a shorty type helmet. Used to wear Bell shorties back in the days when the neck curtain was actually leather and Bells were the standard.
          Shiny side up,
          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Working...
          X