Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you all feel about modular helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe most motorcyclist who are killed, die from a broken neck. That being said, any DOT helmet may save your life.

A friend of mine recently high sided his Harley. The half helmet protected his noggin from any damage. His girl friend low sided in the same accident. She didn't get hurt bad, but did kiss the pavement. She got some road rash around her mouth. While her injury was very minor, she says she'll be wearing a full face helmet next time.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

I fully believe in the full face helment. In 75 I had a R5B 350. I gave a girl a ride that had never ridden before and on a ruff country hard surface road she moved her foot off the footpeg to the center stand an pushed it down. Leaning into a curve it hung and thew us both off her with arms arround me on my back and me slidding down the road on my face. Other than brusies the only thing was the melted sheild burnt my nose. If I had not had it I am sure it would have torn my face off.
      To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
      1980 G Silverbird
      Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
      1198 Overbore kit
      Grizzly 660 ACCT
      Barnett Clutch Springs
      R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
      122.5 Main Jets
      ACCT Mod
      Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
      Antivibe Bar ends
      Rear trunk add-on
      http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRon View Post
        I fully believe in the full face helment. In 75 I had a R5B 350. I gave a girl a ride that had never ridden before and on a ruff country hard surface road she moved her foot off the footpeg to the center stand an pushed it down. Leaning into a curve it hung and thew us both off her with arms arround me on my back and me slidding down the road on my face. Other than brusies the only thing was the melted sheild burnt my nose. If I had not had it I am sure it would have torn my face off.
        I guess Im just not right, this made me laugh.
        Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Here's a link to a modular helmet latch failure reviewed at webbike world:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...ip-up-failure/

scoot

Comment

I never thought much of modular helmets till I bought my Nolan Trilogy. Now I have the option of going "full face", just use the face shield, or remove the face shield and go open face, then I can add a visor if I want. Inside it has a decent sun shield to boot. I almost always wear it will the chin bar and shield so it looks like a regualr full face but I do have the options. I like the modular because I wear the type of eye glasses that form a full curve behind the ears and I can't get them on with a conventional full face.
            Can't beat the smell of gas & oil

Comment

Working...
            X