No announcement yet.

Ken Leach (Newbee)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only met Ken a couple of times, wish I got to know him better. Everyone tells me he was a stand-up guy. The results proved he enjoyed planning the 2014 XS North rally - it was very thorough and entertaining.

Our condolences to the family. We will pray for him.

Marty and Sally
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Grief!

Just found out last night. Checked XSnorth posts...Very different. "See you there, looking forward to it etc. then mostly nothing, no posts, no pics. Then 'I made it home.' & sympathy to Wayne & Kens family." Hard to express this surprise, grief, & sympathy while mourning this loss.

Thoughts & prayers, Heartfelt sympathy to Ken's family, Wayne, and all who knew Ken (in person & online) sent to you.

I feel hurt & angry. This is indeed a big loss. I may try to blame the dentist who removed the tooth from Ken prior to... ,. Not happy here. After the funeral, I hope to read & share more info about Ken, Obituary, Happy stories etc. There is much to celebrate about Ken's life. Until then;
      This is NOT my happy face.
      Brent in GA
      It is a great big beautiful world out there
      Brent in GA
      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        MAY THE SUN RISE IN FRONT OF ME

MAY THE RAIN FALL BEHIND ME

AND THE WIND FOLLOW ME

MAY THE ANGELS OF MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME

GUARD MY TRAVELS

FOR THEY KNOW THE PERILS

OF THE ROAD AHEAD OF ME

KEEP ME SAFE THROUGH THE ROUGH CITY STREETS

ON MY WAY TO THE LAND OF SWIRLING TURNS

AND ROLLING HILLS

LET THE COLOURS OF FALL KEEP ME WARM

LET THE EAGLE GUIDE ME TO THE MOUNTAINTOPS

LET THE MOONS LIGHT GUIDE ME

THROUGH THE NIGHT

MAY MY TYRES NOT FAIL ME

NOR MY ENGINE GROW OLD

MAY MY BIKE DRAW LIFE

FROM THE STREAMS I PASS

KEEP MY SEAT SOFT AND MY MIND SHARP

LET THE AIR OF SPRING BREATHE LIFE

INTO MY SOUL

TO JOURNEY TO ANOTHER ADVENTURE

BESIDES MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS

-Rev's Roadhouse
        This is a beautiful Prayer. I have printed this off and if I'm asked to I will read this at Ken's funeral today.

Thanks Greg,
        Wayne
        80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
        Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Lost For Words

Been riding around thinking about this all week. Didn't come up with much. I'm old enough to know that there are no satisfactory explanations for times like this but I still try to make sense of it all.
          Ken was a all round good guy, quiet, friendly, good sense of humour and very enthusiastic about the rally. I wish he could have seen how well it went.
          As stunned as we all are it is hard to imagine how his family will cope with this. My heart really goes out to them.
          I am grateful to Ken for working and caring so much to put on a great rally for us. It's members like Ken that make groups like ours successful.
          A special thank you should also go out to Wayne for mentoring Ken through the rigor of running a rally, James for bringing Ken into the fold. They both lost a close friend. Marty stepped up and led the rides with Gary running sweep for us. Also to all who attended, who despite a tragedy did not let all Kens effort go for nothing.Well done folks.
          Pretty sure that was what he would have wanted.

Damn.

He will be missed.
          BDF
          I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
            Been riding around thinking about this all week. Didn't come up with much. I'm old enough to know that there are no satisfactory explanations for times like this but I still try to make sense of it all.
            Ken was a all round good guy, quiet, friendly, good sense of humour and very enthusiastic about the rally. I wish he could have seen how well it went.
            As stunned as we all are it is hard to imagine how his family will cope with this. My heart really goes out to them.
            I am grateful to Ken for working and caring so much to put on a great rally for us. It's members like Ken that make groups like ours successful.
            A special thank you should also go out to Wayne for mentoring Ken through the rigor of running a rally, James for bringing Ken into the fold. They both lost a close friend. Marty stepped up and led the rides with Gary running sweep for us. Also to all who attended, who despite a tragedy did not let all Kens effort go for nothing.Well done folks.
            Pretty sure that was what he would have wanted.

Damn.

He will be missed.
            BDF
            Rick,
            I think your words sum up how we have all been feeling this week. Today was the final stage of a great ride that ended in tragedy as Ken was laid to rest. Ken was surrounded by many Family and friends who will forever hold him in their hearts.

God speed Ken,

Wayne
            80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
            Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Sad news.
              With all of the riders lost the past few years there is going to be one heck of a rally up in Heaven.

Our thoughts are with his family and all that rode with him.

Rodger and Deb.
              RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Just now saw this, as I haven't been on the forums for about a month ...

Wayne,
                I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. So sudden and shocking, very sad.

I had some correspondence with Ken a while back, and he seemed like a really nice guy.

I will keep both you and Ken's family in my prayers.
                Marco

Current bikes:
                1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                1979 Honda CBX
                2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Originally posted by Prisoner6 View Post
                  Just now saw this, as I haven't been on the forums for about a month ...

Wayne,
                  I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. So sudden and shocking, very sad.

I had some correspondence with Ken a while back, and he seemed like a really nice guy.

I will keep both you and Ken's family in my prayers.
                  Thanks Marco for your kind words. I will pass along your condolences to his family.

Wayne
                  80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Working...
                  X