No announcement yet.

Dragon Tamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read some posts from him and its everyone's loss.Sounded like a great guy.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Aug 10th weekend is when I'd like to host and have people over and a ride in his memory. I lost my internet the last week so havent been online much,at the library now. Gary was the one who suggested I host and the straw stirring the drink. Offering any help needed and I won't forget his heartfelt offer to come to his place last year when he hosted.I had just gotten my 81 and wasn't comfortable taking it on a longer trip at the time. I wish I had gone.
      Was glad I got the chance to meet and ride with him last Fall.
      81 H

Comment

I would seriously consider the trip for Gary. You should post this on .org also.

He has many friends there.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

It's always sad to see another member go to the Great Beyond. My condolences to his family and all who knew him. RIP Gary.

Wayne
          80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
          Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Wow, it's been a while since I've logged on... My bad.

Totally shocked and saddened to hear this.

Gary was a lot of laughs, and I'm glad I had the chance to get acquainted with him and to ride with him.

All I read is it was a one vehicle accident.
            Can anyone fill me in on what happened?

My deepest condolences go out to his family.
            He will be missed.

Bob
            '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
            "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Grieving

I am Sad to learn of this. Wishing sympathy for his friends and family especially.

Big loss. More on his big smile and laughs & adventures later.
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

I didn't know Gary but seeing and hearing how much impact he had in this community I thinkgGreg is right. We should do a ride in his memory. To let him know he will never be forgotten.
                79 SF

Wow, did I just give advice? should I be doing that?

1983 GL1100 bored to a 1300 sold
                1976cb750 project gifted to brother
                1979 xs1100s currently working on

Wanting to have that head turner that makes people shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by dondons1984 View Post
                  I didn't know Gary but seeing and hearing how much impact he had in this community I thinkgGreg is right. We should do a ride in his memory. To let him know he will never be forgotten.
                  We are. He was helping plan this one before the accident.....

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39297

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40060

It's covered in rallies on . org too.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I posted to the first link. I know that a lot of riders that are on this side wont be able to make it so I proposed an idea that during that day we all ride in memory of Gary. To show that he impacted so many and will never be forgotten. What about doing the same ride every year? Just an idea. I didnt know him but he impacted so many here with jokes it sounds like and who he was. Lets remember him for who he is.
                    79 SF

Wow, did I just give advice? should I be doing that?

1983 GL1100 bored to a 1300 sold
                    1976cb750 project gifted to brother
                    1979 xs1100s currently working on

Wanting to have that head turner that makes people shut up!

Comment

I hope the car driver realises what they've done! He looks like a nice bloke and he was young to be taken away because of someone else's stupidity or inattention.
                      XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

It was a single car accident James. Gary was driving his Blazer.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                        X