My mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone

Thank you everyone for your kind messages of condolence. You know, it was a revelation to me, and so uplifting, that people thousands of miles away expressed what are quite clearly sincere messages of support. It's lovely to think that prayers have been said for my mum too and to realise that there are still decent people in the world.

I phoned my step-father today and read every message to him. Their 30th wedding anniversary would have been later this month, and, whilst he's being brave about it, the loss of my mum has hit him hard. So, he was very comforted by everyone's messages and he asked me to thank everyone and to pass on his good wishes to all! He's a retired biker and asked me to tell everyone to stay sharp and ride safe.......
    Last edited by James England; 11-07-2012, 11:34 PM.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

sorry for your loss James, She will be in my prayer's.
      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
      1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Sorry I hade not checed in earlier; have been out for a while.

I am sorry to hear about your mother, James. It sounds like your memories of her are good.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Do not know how I missed this thread earlier but my condolences to you James as well as your family. A loss of a loved one always is difficult and I feel for you.
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Sorry for your loss of your Mum, James. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family during these sad times. She will always be with you.
            My father passed away 6 years ago this month. I think of him everyday.

Wayne
            80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
            Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Sorry for your loss James. She sounds like a great lady. Be glad you had her as long as you did!
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

Deepest sympathies on your loss. Prayers inbound. Take care James England.
                Marty in NW PA
                Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

Haven't been around lately but still want to espress my condolences for the loss of your Mum. I know how it feels and what a deep hole it leaves in your heart. I lost mine in 2007 and miss her to this day.
                  Be thankfull she was so cool and for the time you had besides her.
                  I'm not a religious person but will say a prayer on both your behalves.
                  You'll get used to it and become a stronger person remembering what she taught you.
                  Hugs.
                  1980G Standard, Restored
                  Kerker 4 - 1
                  850 Rear End Mod
                  2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                  Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                  Automatic CCT
                  1980GH Special, Restored
                  Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                  '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                  Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Working...
                  X