Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother

My fellow XSives

I have a favour to ask all those members who have religious faith and who say their prayers. My mother passed away peacefully at home last Sunday, with my stepfather and I at her bedside. She was laid to rest today. Her name was Margaret Dale and she was 79 years old. She was a devout Christian and would greatly appreciate a prayer on her behalf, just as she did for other people.

Three years ago when I began thinking of getting back into bikes after a break of 10 years, my girlfriend (a nurse) most definitely did NOT approve. My neighbours were convinced I'd get killed. Several friends questioned the wisdom of riding again and said how reaction times get slower as one ages. I began to lose confidence! Then I tentatively mentioned it to my mother. Her response? "You only get one chance at life, love. And it's not a rehearsal. Get yourself one of those new Triumphs and I'll pay for it". Says it all, eh? I didn't even know she was informed about current models!

So, folks, if you can spare a thought and a prayer for my dear old mum, I'd sure appreciate it.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Sure thing James. Sorry to hear of your loss. Hang onto those memories and thanks for sharing.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Sorry for your loss James! She sounds like she was a great woman!

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family!
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Very sorry for your loss James. There aren't words to make the pain go away but find comfort in her memory and the times you had. May she rest in peace.
        81 H

Comment

I am sorry about your mother’s passing. It sounds like you had a very wise and loving mother. My prayers go out for you and all of your family. Be thankful for all the good times and good memories you have of your mother.

Earl H
          Last edited by Old Red; 11-05-2012, 08:13 PM.
          80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
          and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

My condolences for your loss James. May she be in Heaven with God's hands on her shoulders now.
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Sorry to hear of her passing James. Sounds like a great woman who knew how to live. Thoughts and prayers go out for her and for you lad.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Sorry to hear of that, but at least she was with those who care about her. My own mother is living in the UK, and I have never been there. Heck, I don't even have a passport! I fear the day that I hear of something tragic happening, as I don't know if I'll be able to be there for her.
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

James my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your Mom and the remainder of your family...My Mom never approved of me riding but she was one who believed in living your dreams...she did for 89 years... RIP MUM
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Condolences

James,

Like the others here, I'm sorry for your loss, and will remember her in my prayers. At least she went peacefully and with you at her side. And she got to share some real wisdom with you, and now with us.

And to be clear, would it be fair to say that you wouldn't be on this forum if it weren't for her encouragement to get you back on two wheels?
                    Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
                    mods to come

Comment

Sorry for your loss James
                      2H7 (79)
                      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Sorry for your loss

I'll have a candle lit on Sunday on her behalf. I prayers go out to you as well.
                        Grant
                        mack
                        79 XS 1100 SF Special
                        HERMES
                        original owner
                        http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                        SPICA
                        http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                        IOTA
                        https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                        https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                        Frankford, Ont, Canada
                        613-398-6186

Comment

Very sorry to hear of her passing, and for your loss, James.
                          Take heart, and be encouraged, though.
                          Remember, if she was redeemed, then to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Remember and trust in this hope.

From what she said to you, she sounds a lot like my mom.

Hang in there, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.
                          Bob
                          '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                          "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

sorry about your mum! but glad you took her advice!! ride safe ,,slow mo!
                            The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                            moemcnally@hotmail.com
                            i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Sorry,God bless your mum.

Comment

Working...
                              X