No announcement yet.

Jeremy Reed (Montreux Blue) RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I am sorry" seems so trite when things like this happen, but I truley am and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. While it is often members on this site never meet face to face, there seems to be a family bond that exceeds the boundaries of the internet and everyone becomes part of a family very quickly and the loss of one of the those members ripples thru the community with shock and sadness.
    It is things like this, and my own personal experiences this weekend, that makes the need for all of us not to become complacient when we saddle up.
    With the freedom and pleasure we all get from swinging a leg over our iron mounts, we cannot forget the inherent risks associated and ride accordingly.
    I, for one, can assure you, I will truly more vigiliant on my seemingly mundane ride to work.

Vio Condios Jeremy. It was way too soon for you.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Jeremy

Never got to meet him but we talked about getting together many times!.. Condolences.. and speechless.
      78 XS1100E Standard
      Coca Cola Red
      Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
      http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
      http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
      http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Jeremy Reed...aka Montreux_Blue

I have had the honor and great fortune to have known, and rode with Jeremy Reed. He was a good buddy, and all I can say is I'm devastated with the news of this tragedy, and the sudden loss of my friend.

There's a king-sized hole in the riding group now where the little guy once was. He will be missed... that's for certain.

He & I split a room back in the fall on our Eureka Springs ride, and as always, he was hilarious. He always made us laugh. I never imagined it would be our last ride together.

I'll always remember him riding through a huge waterhole in the road that day on the Eureka ride, and the rooster tail that soaked his jacket! We gave him a hard time for that one for a while... especially since he didn't realize the skunk streaked mark it had left on his jacket...

He rode all the way from Dallas to Eureka & back, alone... to make that ride.

He was always ready to help out... no matter who.
        He was a very skilled rider, and always wore the gear...
        Guess sometimes it just doesn't matter.

RIP, Jeremy...
        I'll miss ya.
        Bob
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by webcraft2150
          I am sorry" seems so trite when things like this happen, but I truley am and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. While it is often members on this site never meet face to face, there seems to be a family bond that exceeds the boundaries of the internet and everyone becomes part of a family very quickly and the loss of one of the those members ripples thru the community with shock and sadness.
          Well said. Couldn't agree more. I would like to add my thoughts and prayers to those expressed here for the family and friends.

Just a reminder, though...
          Saw a report of an accident Saturday near me. (Grand Junction, CO.) Temps in the low 40s, a guy took his bike out for a short ride, some lady hit him. "Didn't see him". Rider boke both legs, but survived. People are not expecting to see bikes out this time of year, at least in parts of the country that get snow. Take extra care if you (like me) enjoy a winter ride!
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            Well said. Couldn't agree more. I would like to add my thoughts and prayers to those expressed here for the family and friends.

Just a reminder, though...
            Saw a report of an accident Saturday near me. (Grand Junction, CO.) Temps in the low 40s, a guy took his bike out for a short ride, some lady hit him. "Didn't see him". Rider boke both legs, but survived. People are not expecting to see bikes out this time of year, at least in parts of the country that get snow. Take extra care if you (like me) enjoy a winter ride!
            +1 on they don't see us, but I'll take it one further, they don't see us any time of the year.

I never had the honor of meeting Jeremy other than through the forums (here and on the other site), but enjoyed all my interactions with him. He seemed like a good family guy and someone who would do everything he could to help others, and from what I've seen will be sorely missed.

I saw a posting late Sat night on the other site, and was kinda in shock until later Sunday, I just couldn't believe it was true, I was sure it had to be a practical joke. It's a jarring thing to have someone get taken like this who you have been exchanging communication with for a while.
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Wow!

Really sorry to hear about this.
              My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
              XS1100F TKAT fork brace Stock suspension. Vetter Fairing. Pingel Petcocks. Geezer voltage regulator
              http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3026.jpg
              650SF
              http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF2647.jpg
              XS1100SG Project bike
              http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3034.jpg

Comment

Jeremy was one of the quiet, gentle guys. I am sadden by his loss. I am glad to have known him. Why do the good die young? My prayers are with his wife and family.
                Karla Jones

Comment

Absolutely terrible news to hear. We don't think too much about bikers going down when there's a foot or more of snow on the ground in our area so it's always that much more of a shock. My prayers are with his wife, family and those here who knew him personally.
                  Rob
                  KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                  1978 XS500E
                  1979 XS1100F Restored
                  1980 XS1100 SG
                  1981 Suzuki GS1100
                  1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                  1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Very sad to hear. My heart and prayers go out to him and his family.
                    Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
                    Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
                    Pod Filters
                    DynoJet Kit
                    T.C.'s Fuse Block
                    Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
                    Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
                    V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

My condolences to his family and friends.
                      Gene (Florida)
                      1980 XS1100SG
                      Accel Coils
                      4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Comment

condolences

Hi,
                        I didnt know him, but am sorry to hear of his accident and passing. GodSpeed. My best wishes to his family and friends.
                        Bikes Now.
                        80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
                        79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
                        83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
                        83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
                        08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

I am out of touch - didn't see this til now...

I truly enjoyed hearing from him - I remember him being SOO excited to score the Bob Jones bike - I will watch a little closer now.

Sad that he was so young - my prayers for his family.

John in San Antonio
                          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

sad to hear

just want to say my prayers are with his family and sure he will be missed. i did'nt know him but have read several of his posts. when i hear of a member of the xs family has been lost due to some careless being. it makes me think of ways we all can be a little safer while riding. in this case when, i am rideing my bike i try to ride in behind a vehicle for the reason some people dont look for motorcycles and when you are traveling behind another vehicle you are more likely to be noticed. i have had several close calls and just a couple weeks ago a fat lady back right out in front of me and she didnt even look either way. i gave her a few diry words as i past her, and i made sure she heard me. she was just to lazy to look to see if any thing was comming.
                            79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

Blue

I don't get in here often anymore, guess that happens when everything is working. I found out about Blue a few days ago. All at once I was stunned, mad and heart broken for his family. I know this kind of thing happens because people just don't focus on what they are suposed to be doing. Problem is a loss of focus when a bike is involved hurts more than a fender.
                              Blue was a good man and he always treated me well even when I said something stupid. I'm going to miss him. My condolences to his family.
                              "Do the right thing, even if nobody's looking"

SR500E Black
                              XS750SF Carmine Red
                              XS1100SF Mustang Red Metalic
                              (Bob worked on this one)

Comment

Hard to believe it's been a year, it seems like just the other day we were joking around and riding together.

Miss you kid.
                                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X