Jeremy Reed (Montreux Blue) RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Reed (Montreux Blue) RIP

For anyone here that knew Jeremy, (Montreux Blue) please read.

Jeremy Reed RIP

Originally posted by Bigfoot
    Just found out that Jeremy aka Montreux_Blue was hit and killed today. Very few details except someone missed a stop sign and hit him on his bike. For those that never got a chance to meet Jeremy, he was a hell of a great guy. Please say a prayer for his family and his wife Happy Reed.

Rest in peace buddy, I am gonna miss you.
    1980 XS11SG
    Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
    Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
    ratted out, mean, and nasty

Thoughts and prayers for his family!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Jeremy was a VERY young man and a good friend of mine and all who knew him.

He will be missed.

Greg.........(XSokieSPECIAL)
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Car-m...114430344.html
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Holy cow!! I only met him once, when he was at Karla's place, picking up the Limey Accent bike that Bob Jones built. He had said that he had just finished paying off his house and finally had "play money" to spend. He was WAY too young to be taken... My condolences to his family, including his XS one...
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Jeremy? Jeremy!? He was a good man, my condolences and prayers to his family. I never got to meet him but he gave me some help here at XS11 quite a few times and .

A Dios le pido, Jeremy!
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I never had the chance to meet him face to face, but I liked his convictions for HIS favorite things. As others have said, he was WAY to young!
              My condolences to his family.
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

My most sincere condolences go out to Happy and the gang as well as the rest of Jeremy's friends.

No matter how things ended up between us, I have many fond memories of Pup.
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

That's very sad, I'm so sorry.
                  79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                  80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                  80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                  79 DT 100

Comment

What a shocker!!
                    Never met him but he was always here with a helpful hint and a kind word.
                    My condolences to his family and friends. I'm sure he'll be missed by all of us.
                    1980G Standard, Restored
                    Kerker 4 - 1
                    850 Rear End Mod
                    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                    Automatic CCT
                    1980GH Special, Restored
                    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

shocked

Like C-Bug, met him onece at karlas, seem to be a good dude, i will miss him posting, some people you will just allways remember and he was one of them, you just never know when ya gona get it on one of these things, " DAMMIT "
                      1979 xs1100 f
                      142 main, 45 pilot, Jardeen crosover 4/2, no air box
                      floats @ 25.7

1979 xs1100 F
                      1978 gl 1000 goldwing
                      1981 gl 1100 goldwing
                      !986 venture royale 1300

Just an ol long haired country boy, come to town to spend some egg money
                      when ya get bucked off, get back on

Comment

i did not know the man but he was part of the xs crew,to his family i,m sorry for your loss take care ,,slow mo!
                        The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                        moemcnally@hotmail.com
                        i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

I try to explain to non riding friends the spidy-sense that one develops for survival on 2 wheels. Found it transfers with me when cage driving. It can only be gained when everything that can ruin or end your life becomes instinctively aware to you as you roll. And the sobering knowledge that sometimes if a certain possibility of occurrences happens there is nothing you can do. As I suspect may have happened here.Funny how the thoughts of someone you didn't know will live with you long after they have passed.I will rename my start button The Jeremy Reed Button and welcome him to my future rides. May we ride together a long time.
                          79SF
                          XJ11
                          78E

Comment

My condolences to his family and friends.
                            82 XJ1100
                            Regina,Saskatchewan,
                            Canada

2006 V-Star 1100 custom

Comment

My condolences to his family and friends. Those pictures he'd post would crack me up.
                              2H7 (79)
                              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                              X