No announcement yet.

Lee Ridge aka Trainzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ivan i know what u mean. but either u have shut urself off from the world. i have called u 2 or 3 times to check up on u and just talk but all i get is the answering machine. ur not the only one who misses him. the short time i knew him its has caused a hole but i cope with it the only way i know. i work harder and have started getting the paint work on the bike ready for next year.
    1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

I wanted to post the link to download the video I made for the memorial if anyone wants to see it. http://www.t2wireless.com/th3m3/Lee%...20Memorial.zip

Ivan i know exactly how it feels to be on an emotion rollarcoaster like that. Everytime i wake up at his house and realize he is not there stomping around it tares me up inside. But everytime i ride i realize he is watching me with that smile of his The monday after the memorial i rode for a few hours and couldn't even tell you where i went I put on some tunes and just followed my front tire. In fact at one point i had to stop and get gas and ask how to get back to manhattan. I just try and take it one day at a time and remember I was lucky enough to get to see him the weekend befor to celebrate my birthday and my nephews birthday.

Matthew S Ridge

Comment

That was a beautiful tribute to your Dad...

Thank you for posting it...
        I sure will miss that smile of his...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Matt,

That is a very cool video memorial!! The song is very fitting and a great one as well. The video gives me a great big smile, a pain in my heart, and tears in my eyes all at the same time.

I only knew your dad from post here on the forum, but he is missed just the same. Having lost my dad to a quick bout with cancer at an early age I do know your loss to some extent. It has been twelve years and I still turn to look for him and ask a question when I need help with something. That stuff never seems to go away, but like you said, when I am riding and enjoying the great things in life I know he is sharing my joy. Just as Lee is sharing yours.

Thanks for sharing this great video!
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Terri was here tonight, seems to be doing OK in spite of it all. She wanted everyone to know she is very thankful for all the support. She was humbled by the thought that so much has come from this group.
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

thanks matt

although the sideshow was hard to watch it took me back to a time when i lost my dad,, i can tell you did this with love i hope you days become easier and that sadness turns to smiles when looking back,, thanks matt ,,slow mo!
              The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
              moemcnally@hotmail.com
              i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Matt,

Sorry I haven't posted before now but it hits too close to home. I only met Lee once for a short while at MOMs. He reminded me of my old man and when we used to ride together. He will be missed.
                '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                Original except:
                120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Working...
                X