Lee Ridge aka Trainzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Ridge aka Trainzz

Lee has a fractured femur, pelvis and sacral. Lacerated kidney on left side, lacerated spleen. All ribs on left side are broke. Flail chest with a punctured lung. He has received 4 units of blood. It seems to be pretty bad so everyone keep him in your prayers. They have stabilized him, put in a chest tube to help with the collapsed lung, and sent him to Fort Smith, AR. He has quite a bit of surgery to go through.

As for the accident, we are not sure exactly what happened. Lee was riding with the group and had just come around a corner not really going especially fast, maybe 40mph. Bohn was riding behind him and said it looked like he was just pulling off onto the shoulder. There were no skid marks and it did not appear that he locked up the brakes at all. He went across a gravel driveway and into a ditch and had heavy contact with a tree. Here are a couple pics.

This is the tree

This is the corner. You can see the track he took as he came off of the road. He was out of the corner already.

From the other direction.

Here is the bike
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Things are certainly not looking good for Lee. We just received word that on the way to Fort Smith, something must have gone bad so they detoured to Poteau, OK. It is a small town not far from here. He is now in critical condition and they are trying to stabilize him.
    Harry

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

We just found out that Lee has passed away due to the injuries sustained in his crash.

Please keep his wife Terry in your thoughts and prayers.
      Harry

'79 Standard
      '82 XJ1100
      '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
        Hey Bug,

I hate to say it but I doubt much, from what I've seen of the Texas contingent's previous ride reports. They often have just helmets, due to the extreme hot weather they often encounter. I hope that this may demonstrate the need for a bit more than helmets and shirts/pants are needed to try to preserve life and limb during rides. This is why I got a nice armored mesh jacket for my hot midsummer riding vs. my very sweaty leather one.
        T.C.
        FWIW, Lee was wearing boots, jeans, helmet, heavy leather jacket, and gloves. Sometimes it doesn't make the difference.
        Harry

'79 Standard
        '82 XJ1100
        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Lee had a pulmonary embolism in the ambulance on the way to Fort Smith. He was already gone when they got him to the hospital in Peoteau. Terry made it down here but too late. She is now here in Talihina with us. She has some family on the way that will be here in the morning.
          Harry

'79 Standard
          '82 XJ1100
          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Go with God Lee

Harry

'79 Standard
            '82 XJ1100
            '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Friday night

In KC with Ivan's bike... showin the love

At the MoM

He will be missed
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Lee Ridge aka Trainzz

Richard "Lee" Ridge, 55, died Oct. 10, 2009, in Poteau, Okla.
                (I will add the copy of the obituary once it is published completely)

Lee was a good man with a quick smile and an easy going personality.

I'm going to miss you, Buddy
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

hello,

for those who did not know lee. he was a true friend. i have had problems with my bike over the last few month he and ivan both have tried to help me get it fixed. as for me; i will miss not only a fellow rider but a true friend. he was a great guy after his last accident terry asked him to wear a helmet which he did. i know as soon as ivan knows anything i will get a call from him.

i will be there when the services are.

terry i am sorry to hear what has happened. true friends are hard to find. its hard for me cause i have lost a friend.

let me tell u all about the last ride me,ivan and lee had together.
                  lee showed up after me and ivan got back from cassidy. wanted know if we wanted to go for a ride if ivan was not to wore out from the ride. we all went up around lake cheeney and back. i can remember his comment i can always tell when ur coming by the sound of ur exhaust albert. when we got back to town. we sat at his place for a while and talked about the new bike he was looking for and about how old his dad was and he was still riding motorcycles. he told terry he was going to get up on the roof and caulk where the awning was and get it to stop letting the water in. we talked about how much my seat cost to be redone.
                  1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

Lee was a character and almost always had a smile on his face. I did not know him extremely well but we had ridden together quite a few times and I considered him a friend. He proved what kind of man he was when Ivan went down. He was there to help Ivan and Shawna through a very tough time. He made a trip up to Kansas City to help rebuild Ivans bike even though he had broken his wrist just weeks before.

Lee loved riding and was really excited about the Talimena rally. He was pretty sick the week prior to the rally but wasn't gonna miss it. I remember seeing that big old grin of his as we got ready to ride.

I am gonna miss you Lee.
                    Harry

'79 Standard
                    '82 XJ1100
                    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I still feel sick to my stomach and trying to hold back my tears. I feel so bad for Terri, Ivan, his family and friends.
                      http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Ivan and Lee came to Turon to entice me to come along. My father-in-law passed away and the funeral was scheduled for the day Ivan and Lee were leaving.
                        Ivan called last nite as I didn't get on the site yet to see the news. We are all pretty broken about this news.
                        I know this is part of life, but it sucks sometimes. Terri I'm so sorry!
                        '81 XS11 LH (MNS)

"On a scale of 1 to 10, I have an eleven!"

"Excess is easier to say than XS,"

Comment

my condolences and prayers are with you
                          1981 XS1100LH ;King/ queen seat, K&N pod filters

Don't make me hungry.....; You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry

Comment

condolences

Originally posted by edkoynock View Post
                            my condolences and prayers are with you
                            me too. SO sorry for Terry, Lees family & friends.

Any news on funeral arrangements?
                            It is a great big beautiful world out there
                            Brent in GA
                            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Friday, October 16 2009 at 11:00 am. The service will be held at Elliot Mortuary, 1219 N Main St, Hutchinson KS, 67501.
                              Harry

'79 Standard
                              '82 XJ1100
                              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                              X