How to Connect Carbs Vent to Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Connect Carbs Vent to Airbox

i currently have not done anything with the Carb vent lines, on My Carbs there are (2) tee's in between both sets of Carburetors (1&2)(3&4) top is vent and bottom is fuel.
    I have seen reference to these vents being connected to the Airbox, My question is where do they connect if in fact that is the proper connection? This Bike was in box's
    So any and All Help is Greatly Appreciated.

Thankx N Advance...

Hook the vent lines to the 2 smaller nipples on the top front of the airbox. Make sure that the passages are clear, the 80-81 airbox had no holes in the nipples so you would need to drill them out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220909_161406~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	870361
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

On mine, there are plugs on the intake of 1&4. Vacuum hoses from the petcock the intake 2&3. Vacuum hose from the top of carb2 down to vacuum advance pod in left cover. Mine is a standard.
      80 G

Comment

bikerphil... Thankx for sharing, mine Airbox is a little different than Yours
        attached picture shows the difference.

Comment

bikerphil...
          seems i misread Your post, but the Inlets on the Airbox are larger than the Hose on My Vents

Comment

Yep, yours is the 78-79 airbox.

The upper T-s on the carbs and the air box nipples should both be the same size.

The 1/4" Tygon line works great for the vent lines and the regular fuel lines....

https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-12.../dp/B000WOHJIK
            Last edited by bikerphil; 09-09-2022, 07:43 PM.
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

Comment

Originally posted by speedlimit85 View Post
              On mine, there are plugs on the intake of 1&4. Vacuum hoses from the petcock the intake 2&3. Vacuum hose from the top of carb2 down to vacuum advance pod in left cover. Mine is a standard.
              Hey Eric, your bike is an 80 with the late type carbs which doesn't have those vent lines like the 78-79 does. The undrilled nipples will be on your airbox but just not used.
              Last edited by bikerphil; 09-09-2022, 07:41 PM.
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

Comment

Working...
              X