How to Post PHOTOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still trying.[/QUOTE]
    81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Comment

• Dan, I find the option to click for copy on the new photobucket is inconsistent. I just highlight the IMG code and right click for copy. Then when you paste it here you see a URL code with the IMG code inside it.

Works with the URL or I delete the URL stuff.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Hodges View Post
        I'm still trying.
        [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Dear Doctor DGXSER

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
          Dan, I find the option to click for copy on the new photobucket is inconsistent. I just highlight the IMG code and right click for copy. Then when you paste it here you see a URL code with the IMG code inside it.

Works with the URL or I delete the URL stuff.
          Your instructions are dead nut on and I can't thank you enough for your help.

My Photobucket format changed recently and I hadn't figured it out until I saw your post.......thanks again.

Dan

Comment

• Dan- Are those K&N pods? Interesting to see extensions with already well-designed pods. I assumed the extensions were only used to get around the Emgo lip blocking the air jet?
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

• K&N Pods

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
              Dan- Are those K&N pods? Interesting to see extensions with already well-designed pods. I assumed the extensions were only used to get around the Emgo lip blocking the air jet?
              These are K&N pods and fit the carb's 54 mm bell's perfectly without any so called lip interference like the cheapo filters have.
              Some of the cheap pod filters are also very restrictive particuarly the foam type. I heard so many opinions about pod filters I had to try them on a dyno for myself and they are worth the effort.

Think about this, Dyno Jet recommends 128 mains for a mildly modded motor and a header in their stage II kit and 138 for the stage III pod deal.
              When you consider the jet size increase it's obvious the motor is passing some gas with the stage III pod deal.

Mention is made the Dyno Jets are measured differently than a Mikuni jet is and you can't compare one to the other however a 138 Dyno Jet is roughly comparable to a 130 Mikuni. The Dyno Jet needles are the key to making the carbs work with a big cam because of the additional overlap and the needles are where Dyno Jet spends most of their research.

The extensions are 3.75 inches long and come close to matching the length of the tubes in the stock air box which are 4.25 in. long. Actually the filters have a quarter inch radius at the base and the filters lip is .625 inches long and so to make a long story short, the extensions are worth 4 inches as I have them installed and the out board filters cannot extend any further back because of the bike's fram.

When you get rid of the stock air box and go to pods you lose some low and mid range because of the shorter intake trak but the extensions get the low end back and the top end with the prescribed Dyno jet kit is very strong.

The down side is pods are not rain friendly unless you use so called rain socks on them which kills air flow but I'm a horsepower junkie and my killer XS is a fair weather hot rod.

Mention is further made that some of the new fuel injected hypo bikes have huge air boxes with fresh air (ram air) tubes and the bikes intake is covered by body work and consequently the pod filters won't work in that application because they would be buried beneath all that plastic.

God I love this stuff!

Thank's again for the tip.

Dan

Comment

• NP Dan. Glad it helped a true guru pass on some more of your proven factual data. The engineer in me eats it up.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

• Dan- From the pic, I cannot tell if that is a special or standard. Would you consider putting the side cover chrome back on to hide the pods? I always liked that on my 750/850 hiding the pods. However, on my GS750, that was not an option.
                  1979 XS1100F
                  2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

• 1979 XS1100F

Comment

• Add to that, a garage and basement-full of many more projects to keep me busy for years to come:

1979 XS1100F

Comment

• Side Covers & Pod Filters

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                        Dan- From the pic, I cannot tell if that is a special or standard. Would you consider putting the side cover chrome back on to hide the pods? I always liked that on my 750/850 hiding the pods. However, on my GS750, that was not an option.
                        The K&N pods stick out too far on the out board sides to wear the side covers plus the side covers would hinder air flow to the out board carbs.

I agree that the chrome covers are slick looking but in my case the air flow outweighs the asthetic appeal of the chrome side covers.

My bike is a Special and I bought it new in 1981 but hardly anything is original on the poor thing including the 79 Special speedometer I put on when I got the bike that has only 37,000 miles on it.
                        Somewhere on this site I posted the bikes statement of origin and at the time John could not believe I still had it.

I saw your pictures and you have some great bikes.

I had a new Honda 1100F and I've always thought it was the most beautiful bike I've ever owned and it was darn quick for it's day but unfortunately it suffered an early demise.

Comment

• Incorrect Information

Comment

• My Black Beauty

Originally posted by Dan Hodges View Post
                            Incorrect Information

Comment

• test

[IMG][/url][/IMG]

[IMG][url=https://imgur.com/2n7pUSu][/IMG]
                              '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                              '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                              '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

• [/url][/IMG]
                                '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                                '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                                '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Working...
                                X