Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing O-rings on clutch damper housing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing O-rings on clutch damper housing?

I need to replace the O-rings on the housing of the primary shaft damper- O ring is Yamaha part # 93210-60538-00 O-RING

Bike is a 1982 XJ1100

Is there anything I need to give closer attention to or avoid doing? What keeps the shaft from dropping out of position or sliding out when removing the housing?

I certainly cannot see this housing, and its bearing inside, being screwed on with three small allen head bolts being the only support for the primary shaft and its chain sending power to the tranny.

The housing and its Orings are seen here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-81-YAMAH...LH_TitleDesc=0

Any help is appreciated
    82 XJ11

No worries

I took that part off to polish it on both of my XS11 bikes.

I broke the first one trying to get it off and had to buy another on eBay. No problem on the second one.

Th answer to your question is: "Don't worry about it. You can take that part off and put it back on with no trouble."

BTW: The load is not carried by the bolts. The cylindrical shape of the housing (where the o-ring is) fits snugly inside the case to provide the support. The 3 bolts just hold it onto the case.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Working...
    X