X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error message

I dont have any saved messages but get this when trying to pm kboehringer
    What's up ?
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Kurt accepts my messages .

If your mailbox here appears empty, maybe you could try going back to ".com" and emptying your mailbox? Probably a stupid idea, but JAT.

-Mike

-Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
      I dont have any saved messages...
      Check all folders, including Sent Items.
      80 SG Canada

Comment

Nothing there. I delete all the time. Only one message in my in box. Thats it on
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

dpotter58 , I checked and the site says you have 242 messages in your sent box, 9 in trash, and 3 in your inbox. An admin can delete all your private messages, but that is as granular as it gets. Do you want all your messages to be deleted, which would presumably include those 3 in your inbox?
          '80 XS Special
          JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

nezzer before deleting messages, we should check and see if this is an issue that came from the upgrade, which is also affecting other users. My account's private message count seems correct, though, so I'm not sure what else to check.
            80 SG Canada

Comment

crazy. There were messages there from 2005. I delete on a regular basis, even the sents....

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

dpotter58, did you find messages in your sent box and delete them? Are you now able to send messages? I still show 250 messages in your sent box. I want to make sure you get squared away in case as Dan said, this is a problem we might see on more user accounts.
                '80 XS Special
                JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by nezzer View Post
                  dpotter58, did you find messages in your sent box and delete them? Are you now able to send messages? I still show 250 messages in your sent box. I want to make sure you get squared away in case as Dan said, this is a problem we might see on more user accounts.
                  I did. not sure why you still see them. I just looked and nothing there.

1980 LG
                  1981 LH

Comment

Wondering if this issue has been resolved.
                    2-79 XS1100 SF
                    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I just sent a message and it went!

1980 LG
                      1981 LH

Comment

I checked your private message statistics and I now only see a count of 2 messages in your sent folder. Looks like clearing out your sent items worked, even if it took a little while for the numbers to show up correctly on the admin page.
                        '80 XS Special
                        JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Nezzer, I am having the same problem, I deleted all my old messages and I still get an error message saying I have 350 messages and to delete them. Please help, thanks.
                          2H7 (79)
                          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

OK, I figured it out. Apparently after deleting messages, they go into another folder and they need to be deleted a second time. Once those were deleted again, all is good.
                            2H7 (79)
                            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Sorry I'm late to this party, been at hospital with SWMBO getting tests. Yes the database copied ALL msgs from the old site from the time you registered! I had msgs from 2002 to present, a few thousand, took quite a while to delete page by page worth, could not select ALL. Then like Phil said, you have to then flush them again from your deleted folder after removing from your sent folder.
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                              X