Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry View Post

[...]
    Last, but not least, keep in mind that our XS11.com site is pretty basic when it comes to embedding any code. For example, this site does not accept <embed> codes, codes that begin with <iframe> or advanced HTML coding. I've tried a bit without any luck.
    Jerry, you can use the Embed link but you have to cut the iframe and some of the other clutter that we can't use here. Well, it worked the last time I tried it anyway.

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
    And my cat? (Photo 1161.jpg)

Kitkat, the youngest of our 6 cats.
    Curse you Apple users and your consistent interfaces that just work (except when they don't)!
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Looking at the code behind the photo I see this section:

"url(//fonts.gstatic.com/s/roboto/v15/d-6IYplOFocCacKzxwXSOD8E0i7KZn-EPnyo3HZu7kw.woff)format('woff');}</style><title>2016-05-28.jpg - Google Drive</title><meta property="og:title" content="2016-05-28.jpg"><meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:site_name" content="Google Docs"><meta property="og:url" content="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N3MtlvMoQVKxmONFN_ckeL11XxnVjGge0A/view?usp=drivesdk&amp;usp=embed_facebook"><meta property="og:image" content="https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/nzjvqqnFnYvxhDrDOvrjMWN8r9AJAEqVywrSzPMsMLKEuhNZ-y6_SE6qWVM0=w1200-h630-p"><meta property="og:image:width" content="1200"><meta property="og:image:height" content="630"><meta property="og:description" content="View from boat launch to Arizona Memorial. ">"

Which seems to confirm my previous opinion that Google assigns an ID to a photo and uses that ID instead of the photo's name in links. In this case the photo is "2016-05-28.jpg" and it carries a caption of "View from boat launch to Arizona Memorial. " However, the location is "https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/nzjvqqnFnYvxhDrDOvrjMWN8r9AJAEqVywrSzPMsMLKEuhNZ-y6_SE6qWVM0=w1200-h630-p"

Plugging that value into the Insert Image wizard and - Viola! - Most of the photo appears in the post. Don't know why it is truncated on the bottom side. I suspect it is because, with no extension, my IE is having trouble rendering the image correctly without having the rest of the code that sets the photo size.

I looked at the "View Source" drop down on the photo to grab this bit of code. Just playing around...
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
      X