X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic test of google drive link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N3M...w?usp=drivesdk
    Test
    Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
    The Green Monster
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
    Got him in '04.
    bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
    Scarlet
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
    Got her in '11
    Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
    Hugo
    Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
    Cold weather ride

Hi George,
    It worked for me. Image a bit small so I clicked on the + and that fixed it.
    What are we looking at ? Submarine Races

Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

It works-- looks like the USS Arizona Memorial.
      79 F
      Previously owned: (among others)
      1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
      1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
      1973 Suzuki TM 125
      1979 XS1100 F
      2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
      1991 BMW K75

Comment

The link worked, but i tried to post as an image like we do with photobucket and it didn't.
        Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
        The Green Monster
        K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
        Got him in '04.
        bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
        Scarlet
        K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
        Got her in '11
        Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
        Hugo
        Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
        Cold weather ride

Comment

George, right click on pic and click 'copy img location' and paste it in your post between [img] brackets. Example: [img] image location [/img].
          Last edited by bikerphil; 03-07-2017, 08:33 AM.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Strange, the pic stays up for a while then disappears later
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...kFoSnNDTHhzYjg
              "Venturered" 80 XS1100G - "DoraMax" getting sort of resto/destro ed.

Yeah it's a pretty blue, but just because you're old is no excuse to buy a bagger. Fortunately I have wrenches.

Comment

Last edited by puskrat; 04-29-2017, 10:08 AM.

Yeah it's a pretty blue, but just because you're old is no excuse to buy a bagger. Fortunately I have wrenches.

Comment

1979 XS1100F
                  2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                    you copied me

Comment

pictures anyone

I'm officially frustrated with picture posting

Photobucket does not work, and has not for quite some time.

I see instructions about right click and copy, but those selections do not appear to be an option on google drive.

Anyone who can write the recipe for "how to post a pic on XS11.com for dummies" will help at least one guy with a bike and some pictures to share.
                      '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                      '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                      '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Nope, that didn't work in a different browser after Posting.
                        Last edited by 3Phase; 05-06-2017, 10:00 PM. Reason: Image Links Died
                        -- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Second Test With Google Photos

Now to Post and view this thread with another browser that's not logged
                          on with Google and does not have any images in its cache.

Nope, still no images.
                          Last edited by 3Phase; 05-07-2017, 12:35 AM. Reason: Fail
                          -- Scott
                          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                          1979 XS1100F: parts
                          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

apparently this doesnt work

Comment

Images - How To

Originally posted by dbbrian
                              Anyone who can write the recipe for "how to post a pic on XS11.com for dummies" will help at least one guy with a bike and some pictures to share.
                              This topic has come up before, but perhaps a refresher is needed.

Basically, the post needs to know where the photo is hosted or stored.

When you click on the little "Insert Image" button at the top of the posting window a line of code will be inserted in your post. The wizard will open a box that asks you for the image's location, but the underlying code looks like this: "[IMG]Address of photo[/IMG]" (Quotes added to show the code as text.)

The trick, of course, is to know, or be able to find out, what the address is. That can vary from hosting service to hosting service. For example, here is the location of a photo of one of my cats: "http://www.appleattic.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/1161.jpg" (I put quote marks around the address so the post treats it as text.) Note the last section is the name of the photo and it's type - 1161.jpg. The rest is the name of the site (http://www.appleattic.net) and the path to the folder where the photo is stored: /blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/

Here is the address for the Arizona photo:
                              "https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N3MtlvMoQVKxmONFN_ckeL11XxnVjGge0A/view" This tells me that Google does not link directly to the actual photo but links to the result of a search. There is no photo-style extension such as .jpg, .gif, .tif, or .png in the address.

The upshot of all of this is that if you wish to embed a photo in a post, as opposed to inserting a link, you will need to use a service that allows you to use the actual name of the photo. Goggle may offer this as an option but I am not familiar enough with their system to say for sure.

I've run into this with other web sites that use queries to return a document or photo; this approach is not novel or unusual. It seems to be a feature of highly-secured hosting services. By the way, the link may change over time as it is not persistent. A new query can be generated at any time. The results will be the same but the link itself may have different values in it.

You can only embed a photo in a post if the address includes the photo's name, including the extension, and it's location.

Last, but not least, keep in mind that our XS11.com site is pretty basic when it comes to embedding any code. For example, this site does not accept <embed> codes, codes that begin with <iframe> or advanced HTML coding. I've tried a bit without any luck.

And my cat? (Photo 1161.jpg)

Kitkat, the youngest of our 6 cats.
                              Jerry Fields
                              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                              '06 Concours
                              My Galleries Page.
                              My Blog Page.
                              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                              X