Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS1100 - Huge Pile of Parts Need Gone

Hello,

In a few days I'll be purchasing an xs11 that hasn't run for a few years and two donor bikes that are somewhat parted out. I'll use the parts I need to fix up the bike and I want to sell the rest because I live in a small apartment with my university roommates. The reason I'm selling the parts, not giving them away is, I need money to fix the bike, pay for insurance, and do maintenance. I don't yet know all parts in the parts pile I'm picking up, so message me with parts requests and Ill see if I have them. Ill probably have some extra wheels, engine parts, a windjammer and more.

I'm based in atlantic canada.

Also, I'm looking to put a cafe seat and cafe bars on the bike so mesage me if you have those parts and are interested in trading them for the stock handlebars and seat.

This is my first post on this forum. I'm glad a community around this bike exists. I'm sure i'll be reading a lot of threads here when I get to fixing the bike.

Welcome to the group John.

---Bax
    80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Welcome John,
      In your profile add your location , nearest town and province. In your signature list the Model XS you have. These two things will help in both selling the parts you have and getting accurate advice in answer tp your questions.
      A ro;; of masking tape and a pen. Tag and identify each part you remove with the year and model it came from. If you don't know just add the VIN# so it can be identified in future.
      Good luck with your build. Please don't hack up the frame as that will destroy it's future value. Take stuff off and bolt things on to your hearts content to make it yours.

Take pictures of what you start with and a new thread of your build.

Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Interested in a xs11 standard fuel tank if you have one.
        Steve K
        1980 xs11 special
        1979 xs400
        1989 Sportster
        2016 KLR
        2016 Africa Twin
        1965 Chevelle
        1970 Wife

Comment

I need a good set of 80 or 81 special side covers.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Looking for a usable seat for an 80/81 Special.
            Neil
            79 SF

Comment

Looking for a 1980 Standard model LEFT SIDE--sidecover.

Can you possibly help.

Regards, Rick

Comment

rear rack for 78 std
                Adolph Spitta
                MM2(SS)

Comment

Welcome to the community. I am looking for a set of carbs, BS34-11 for my 78 XS1100 standard. They do not have to be working, I do have a rebuild kit for them. The two of the carbs I have have broken fuel screws in them from previous owner. I don't have alot of money so I am just trying to find some that are rebuilable. Let me know what you may have.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris78XS11 View Post
                    Welcome to the community. I am looking for a set of carbs, BS34-11 for my 78 XS1100 standard. They do not have to be working, I do have a rebuild kit for them. The two of the carbs I have have broken fuel screws in them from previous owner. I don't have alot of money so I am just trying to find some that are rebuilable. Let me know what you may have.
                    When you say broken fuel screws, what exactly do you mean? Pilot jets? There are methods for extracting them (or most anything, for that matter)... Have you exhausted all means of getting them out?
                    1979 XS1100F
                    1978 Suzuki GS750E

Comment

If you have the side panels and badges i would love to snag them. Mine are falling apart due to sun damage and a dog ripped off my right Yamaha badge.

Comment

HI, i could use the set of pickup coils,,,they are under the left crack cover,,,,if available, Mike in Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenMoose View Post
                          If you have the side panels and badges i would love to snag them. Mine are falling apart due to sun damage and a dog ripped off my right Yamaha badge.
                          A dog ate my side-cover Happy Father's Day Dawgs !!!
                          1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                          1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                          1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                          1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                          1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Working...
                          X