X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a breather hose

Looking for a stock, proper molded breather to airbox hose
    79 SF

Me Too ! But if the air is still flowing through filter should be OK, it's still filtered air and that's what's needed. Though it is nice to have a clean well fitted hose !
    76 XS650 C ROADSTER
    80 XS650 G Special II
    https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
    80 XS 1100 SG
    81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
    https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
    AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Perhaps Andreas can help. It's the same pipe on every one of these bikes.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-1979-19...928d73&vxp=mtr

its "make offer" on this one
        Steven

1981 XS 1100 LH
        1979 XS 1100 SF

Comment

Man won't a regular piece of hose from Napa or a auto supply store work? I think I have one here, but the shipping from B.C. would probably kill you.
          Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Your best bet would probably be sending andreashweiss a PM.
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/member.php?u=42

I can understand wanting the molded rubber hose over something from an auto store.
            82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
            Website/Blog

Comment

Salvage Yard

If you have a motorcycle salvage yard in your area I would suggest checking there for the breather hose. I was looking for one last year and was able to find several, if I remember correctly they cost me about a dollar each. The ones I got were still attached to the motors, seems as if no one thinks to take them when they get the air box.

Comment

DCII, I've tried to find MC salvage yards around Columbus, but have come up empty. I probably just haven't looked in the right places.. Where did you go around Centerville?
                82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                Website/Blog

Comment

If this hose is the same on my XJ I don't live that far away from you. If I can find it you can have it. I have a brother in Racine so I go there often. Let me know if you still need this.
                  Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

Originally posted by justme1100 View Post
                    If this hose is the same on my XJ I don't live that far away from you. If I can find it you can have it. I have a brother in Racine so I go there often. Let me know if you still need this.
                    I do in fact still need it, if you find it, let me know
                    79 SF

Comment

I know, older post...

Just put a breather filter on my 80G, with a 4" piece of 3/8 black fuel hose and a breather filter from Pep Boys.

Could have easily run some of the same fuel hose up to the airbox, but thought a filter would look cool sitting down there.

I chose 3/8 fuel hose so I could hog out the end with a long and skinny stepped uni-bit to get a good tight fit on the breather nipple without a hose clamp. Hogged out the rubber inlet to the breather so it was large enough to stick the other end of the fuel hose cum breather hose in there and have a good tight fit, but used the hose clamp that came with the filter on that connecton.

Used a zip tie to tie it up so the hose or filter isn't touching anything.

Now, question...

I had a good bit of smoke/vapor/somthing coming out of the breather filter at a stop sign after the bike was good and hot (17 mile ride into work). I had been running the breather open up until this point, and never saw this before.

Any thoughts?
                      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                        I know, older post...

Just put a breather filter on my 80G, with a 4" piece of 3/8 black fuel hose and a breather filter from Pep Boys.

Could have easily run some of the same fuel hose up to the airbox, but thought a filter would look cool sitting down there.

I chose 3/8 fuel hose so I could hog out the end with a long and skinny stepped uni-bit to get a good tight fit on the breather nipple without a hose clamp. Hogged out the rubber inlet to the breather so it was large enough to stick the other end of the fuel hose cum breather hose in there and have a good tight fit, but used the hose clamp that came with the filter on that connecton.

Used a zip tie to tie it up so the hose or filter isn't touching anything.

Now, question...

I had a good bit of smoke/vapor/somthing coming out of the breather filter at a stop sign after the bike was good and hot (17 mile ride into work). I had been running the breather open up until this point, and never saw this before.

Any thoughts?
                        ..........just the crankcase getting in a 'breather' break after being hammered down the slab........okay, well how about ventilating from a bit of crankcase pressures with a bit of blow-by mixed in. If you don't wanna see it, feed it back thru the airbox.......out of sight, out of mind, right?
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I get all that, but why was it not showing, per se, when I had the breather port directly venting to the atmosphere?

I gather the fumes are accumulating in the breather and wafting out instead of being shot out into the atmosphere directly from the breather opening itself?

I have a breather filter on the ZRX 1200, and it does nothing of the sort.

On another thought, the mgr at Pep Boys said the filter was pre-oiled, but I have my doubts... That could lead to what I am seeing. I'll check when I leave work and if it's not oiled, I'll do that.

Someone in a cage is gonna throw their big gulp on me, thinking I'm on fire and they are doing a good deed...!
                          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Not sure why it would need to be pre-oiled? The oil vapor from the crankcase is going to oil it very nicely.
                            Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Pre-oiled so it doesn't look like it's on fire down there until it self-oils.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Working...
                              X