X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skettis on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200656692421...84.m1438.l2649

I'd have these if I did'nt already have a set
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Is yours mounted? If so do you have access to your cam tensioner with out having to remove them? It looks like you can remove oil filter without removing them also. What brand is yours?
    Ed
    Originally posted by Schming View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/200656692421...84.m1438.l2649

I'd have these if I did'nt already have a set
    BAMN!

'81 XS1100H "Brutus"

Comment

they look pretty rough
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

Sort of...

Originally posted by Nubian View Post
        Is yours mounted? If so do you have access to your cam tensioner with out having to remove them? It looks like you can remove oil filter without removing them also. What brand is yours?
        Ed
        Here is a pic or two of them mocked up on my '80G:
        They are Jardines. As you can see in the following pic the CCT is accessable

Number 1, as You can see droops down 'cause the muffler is bent

Comment

They are...

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
          they look pretty rough
          as rough as they are rare. Nothing that a sandblaster and a good coating of personal taste would'nt take care of. For the price, and the unavailability of our exhaust choices, if they stay on there too long, I may pick them up just 'cause (unless of course Nubian jumps on 'em )

Comment

Yup, looks like my Jardines as well. No issue whatsoever getting to the oil filter or CCT.

& I repacked my mufflers & it was a good idea too, the old fiberglass was threadbare on one side.
            82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Comment

What a find! Those are un-obtainium in any condition...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I see the listing has ended.
                Did someone from here score these, maybe Nubian?

Comment

Not me, I sent him a request for pictures of the end of the pipes and he never did. I was not comfortable not knowing if they were banged up or whatever since I could not see them. I think I'm regretting that now
                  I see the listing has ended.
                  Did someone from here score these, maybe Nubian?
                  BAMN!

'81 XS1100H "Brutus"

Comment

Then again, I'm just noticing that it may not have cleared my oil cooler lines. Maybe it was for the better.
                    BAMN!

'81 XS1100H "Brutus"

Comment

Not me, I sent him a request for pictures of the end of the pipes and he never did. I was not comfortable not knowing if they were banged up or whatever since I could not see them. I think I'm regretting that now
                      Dang, I knew I shoulda' nabbed them just for some one on the site. Got too many irons in the fire ATM as usual

Comment

How would you feel about that thou? He replies that brand is unknown but says nothing about request for pictures of the pipe ends that are buried? He could of said pictures aren't available and/or pipe ends are ok.

Dang, I knew I shoulda' nabbed them just for some one on the site. Got too many irons in the fire ATM as usual
                        BAMN!

'81 XS1100H "Brutus"

Comment

How would you feel about that thou? He replies that brand is unknown but says nothing about request for pictures of the pipe ends that are buried? He could of said pictures aren't available and/or pipe ends are ok.
                          I wouldn't have bought them without seeing the ends. Quality sellers on flea bay go out of their way to make sure you know what you are buying. Those sellers that won't typically have a reason why.
                          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                          1981 LH

Comment

Then again, I'm just noticing that it may not have cleared my oil cooler lines. Maybe it was for the better.
                            This stated, is the reason I'll most likely use my R.C.'s instead of the Skettis on my '80G as I plan to run a cooler on it. It depends on how the Pacifico mounts. I'd like to pick up a Maxim when the time is right to use the Skettis on.

Comment

This stated, is the reason I'll most likely use my R.C.'s instead of the Skettis on my '80G as I plan to run a cooler on it. It depends on how the Pacifico mounts. I'd like to pick up a Maxim when the time is right to use the Skettis on.
                              To bad they weren't designed with the upsweep like the OEM's on the XJ/Maxim.....other than that, flow charecteristics are only second to stock originals.
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                              X