No announcement yet.

Shameless plug, rectifier/regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round terminals will come out of plastic blocks much like flat terminals do, but you may need to drepress two tangs to get them loose. Here's a photo of come replacement parts I picked up a while ago so you can sees how the tangs work:

I've had good luck depressing the tangs with a small jewellers screwdriver. It also helps to push on the wire so the terminal is as deep into the block as it can go. This ensures the tangs are not hung up on the flat surface that is supposed to hold them in.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Hey Ken, where did you get those terminals?

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I think I picked them up from our local Lordco Auto parts shop. They were in a package from Pico of Canada Ltd for a GM weatherproof connector for a truck I used to own. Here's a link to a webpage. These are not the same size as the round connectors on Tsunami's fairing, but the technology is the same.
        Ken Talbot

Comment

MY connector supplier in Taiwan makes something that looks similar but I can't tell from the pix in the catalog.

When I get to the point where I think I can afford to carry them, I'll send some old terminals and plugs for samples and see if they can make them for me. The plugs I stock now are not in their catalog but I sent them samples and these were an older item that they still had the means to make and they make them special for me.

I can also get the miniature flat pin plugs like used on the gage lighting connections but they're not something I need for the parts I sell and the minimum order on this stuff is staggering...

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
          X