1981 Venturer in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
    Awesome Scott, let me know what you find when you get a round tuit.

Sorry fellas for the Hi-jack.
    Enjoyed the hijack..Funny thing about my original comment on timing...i meant mine...Learned something new in the process....
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
      You're lucky Brant, you have one with a slotted timing base I presume.
      Yes it is, and from factory that way with the advance/retard timing marks numbered in degrees on outer degree wheel. It also has the retainer screws that are loosened to make timing change coated on top of them with the anti-tamper epoxy or whatever Yamaha used. My presumption is by that time of manufacturing(81 Venturer 1100), Yamaha was just using up excess parts from earlier models. My Venturer also came factory new with the Gold vacuum diaphragm caps like the Midnight Specials used. IMO, gave the bike a bit of additional attractiveness sitting there on the showroom floor brand-new!
      Last edited by motoman; 08-04-2018, 08:17 PM.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

A better deal XS11F & 81 Venturer a 2 fer in Georgia

I don't know if any of you gentlemen have seen this one or not but it's a better deal $$ wise, a 2 fer, in Georgia.

I have a national search on my I-Phone and found this one, Maybe this will help realize those Venturer Dreams someone might be having.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/mcy/6662133208.html
        80 G "Black Mamba" Brothers Restored
        80 G "Red Hot Moma" Custom Restore
        81 H "Original" Collectible (Sold )
        05 HD "Mistress" Custom E-Glide

Comment

I have one for sale excellent condition 28000 miles contact me for pics Can be seen at Ironhorse Rally Jerry 8048324371
          81 Venturer

Comment

Beautiful bike Jerry..cant wait to see it in person...at the rally
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by ks80xs View Post
              I don't know if any of you gentlemen have seen this one or not but it's a better deal $$ wise, a 2 fer, in Georgia.

I have a national search on my I-Phone and found this one, Maybe this will help realize those Venturer Dreams someone might be having.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/mcy/6662133208.html
              Sorry but thats not a better deal for me...I am a turnkey owner ...nuff said...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

a better deal $$ wise, a 2 fer, in Georgia

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                Sorry but thats not a better deal for me...I am a turnkey owner ...nuff said...
                Just thought I'd offer up a find for consideration to anyone in the "club" that might be interested, you do with it what you want, doesn't really matter to me.
                80 G "Black Mamba" Brothers Restored
                80 G "Red Hot Moma" Custom Restore
                81 H "Original" Collectible (Sold )
                05 HD "Mistress" Custom E-Glide

Comment

Working...
                X