eBay Special Frankenbike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Special Frankenbike

Interesting '79. He's too ambitious on the price. Kerker!

1979 Yamaha XS
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

I LIKE that bike!
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

"One of the hardest Yamahas to find. This bike is in very nice condition. It starts and drives perfect but smokes out one pipe. I wonder if it just needs to be ridden as it has been sitting for quite a while. It has been repainted to a custom white so that has reduced the retail value making it a great buy."

$5K? I'm glad he lowered the retail price because of paint job ....
      Mike Farrington
      Suwanee, GA USA

Current: '80 XS11SG, '97 Vulcan 1500, '73 CB750
      Previous: '79 XS11SF, '80 XS11G, '81 XS650

Comment

I smell Dealer. Delusional seller in Sturgis hoping to find a sucker.
        A nice $1500 bike.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

$5K???wow...they must be smoking something good from colorado...
          I dislike the seat and that ugly pinstriping on the tank ymmv...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
            $5K???wow...they must be smoking something good from colorado...
            I dislike the seat and that ugly pinstriping on the tank ymmv...
            I strongly agree on all three points. YMMV
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Ambitious Pricing

This is at least the second time this bike was on ebay, and it is a dealer selling it. I can't figure out where he came up with his asking price.confused: Glad to hear it is only smoking out of one pipe, but then again it has a four into one Kerker on it Since there is no mirror on the right side I wonder what the odds are that the threads are trashed. Ben I have to disagree with you on the seat that may be one of the best features on the bike, lets you move around a bit. Other than the painted fenders and striping on the tank it does look pretty good. Wonder if he would let such a rare bike go for $1500, it does say or best offer in the listing

Comment

Originally posted by dcii View Post
                this is at least the second time this bike was on ebay, and it is a dealer selling it. I can't figure out where he came up with his asking price.confused: Glad to hear it is only smoking out of one pipe, but then again it has a four into one kerker on it since there is no mirror on the right side i wonder what the odds are that the threads are trashed. Ben i have to disagree with you on the seat that may be one of the best features on the bike, lets you move around a bit. Other than the painted fenders and striping on the tank it does look pretty good. Wonder if he would let such a rare bike go for $1500, it does say or best offer in the listing
                ymmv...
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

It has been on there for several weeks and apparently been removed. It looks to me like the muffler is bolted directly to the swing arm!?!
                  Gunnery Sergeant, USMC (Retired), (A gung ho, lifer, Devil Dog) Semper Fidelis
                  XS1100E, 11.5" XV1100 shocks, "no name" 4 into 2 headers and turn out mufflers, stock air box, 140 mains, spade type fuse block, volt meter, LED conversion on running/turn/brake/tail lights, aux front driving and running light bar, 850 FD swap, Chrysler electronic VR. Ugly as a monkey's butt - runs like a scalded ape (WHEN IT RUNS)

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde K. View Post
                    It has been on there for several weeks and apparently been removed. It looks to me like the muffler is bolted directly to the swing arm!?!
                    It's painted black and runs next to the swingarm but I think there's a bracket from the passenger footrest to the muffler.

-- Scott
                    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                    1979 XS1100F: parts
                    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                    X