Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 xs 11 sg

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3199398103.html

Here's my ad, buy it or critique it. Thanks.

$1500
    Last edited by copracr; 08-19-2012, 10:08 AM.
    1980 XS1100SG Special

Ad is good except that I'd question the 100HP claim...95 HP from the factory only came out one yr...1978...so unless alot of engine mods were done this bike isnt 100hp and prolly not even 95 horses...I see this is a common error in many XS1100 ads...in most cases they quote 1st model year specs for all model yrs regardless...but the HP specs did change from yr to yr.
    Its a nice bike...you might want to list its mileage. How is the transmission...any slipping gears?
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks, I figured low 90's stock and the kerker pipe had to ad a few percent increase in HP so i figured about 100. What would a more realistic claim be?

And I'll ad the mileage to it.
      1980 XS1100SG Special

Comment

And the transmission has no slipping gears. It does a little jump when I pop it into 1st but it goes without issue.
        1980 XS1100SG Special

Comment

What do you guys think about the price? The paint is shiny but I did it myself so there's a fair amount of imperfections. And the chrome has swirlies in it. Mechanically I think i've done a good job with it. This year I adjusted the valves, pulled the oil pan and valve cover gaskets, adjusted the timing chain, new air filter, rebuilt and re-synced the carbs, and new plugs. It fires right up and runs very smooth across the rpm's now. The rear tire has under 2000 miles on a dunlop elite 3 140 series, front is a metzler marathon but it's been on there for years. UPgraded the speedo to the 160 unit, rear end doesn't leak.

Anything else?
          1980 XS1100SG Special

Comment

Nice bike, good price.

Mileage wont matter since gauges were replaced.

John
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Hard to say what the hp actually is...others here might be better informed than I...If I didnt know i wouldnt even mention it in the ad..or you could say the hp is approximately__. Price is reasonable and bike does look good...GLWS
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

try adding a video, add a link from youtube.

it gets peoples attn
                Steven

1981 XS 1100 LH
                1979 XS 1100 SF

Comment

Agree with Steve. Add a video walk around, start up, and drive. Let's folks hear it run and see it shift.
                  1995 KZ100P
                  Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
                  Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Working...
                  X