This time for sure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This time for sure...

As difficult as it is ...I'm just not riding it...this year maybe 10-15 miles just to test out the tkat fork brace...this bike is a in great running condition and is a shame to be just sitting there unused...I've had it for the better part of 30 yrs...now its time for someone else to put some love into it...Lots of stuff done over the yrs and has the distinction of having been worked on by TC and Randy...plus a few others as well...I will include the touring pkg...WJ,bracket,rear rack with adj. backrest and locking topbox w/key...Asking $2500 but will cut a deal for someone here...otherwise its already up on CL locally....doubt anyone here will bite..you're all a bunch of cheap bastiges...
    Last edited by madmax-im; 07-06-2012, 08:08 AM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

very nice

I hear those XJs ride smoother than the XS with air shock suspension - hope you get a good bite.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Thanks John...I just hate to see it sitting there. I've gotten so comfortable on my ST1100 that the XJ has become too uncomfortable for me to ride any distances greater than 100 miles...that and getting older...body needs more comfort...pretty soon the ST is going too..Gonna want a Goldwing GL1800...a sure sign of senior citizenitis...
      I do have a fish on the line coming Sat..very interested...we shall see.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
        Gonna want a Goldwing GL1800...a sure sign of senior citizenitis...
        Better get one with the training wheels that come down when you stop. Alzhiemers might kick in and you'll forget to put your feet down.

Next step is a trike.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Greg you laugh but that happened to a friend of mine on his Harley and he fell over and broke his leg real good.

Doc said it should no longer hold up weight of bike or he may break again and be crippled. Wife made him install one of the outrigger kits.

He's gonna get a trike eventually instead.

John
          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            Better get one with the training wheels that come down when you stop. Alzhiemers might kick in and you'll forget to put your feet down.

Next step is a trike.
            I'll tell you what greg you come down to Westren NC and I;'ll have you meet some real old farts on GL1800s that'll ride yur azz off...and good luck tryin to keep up...Fact is anyonr riding a GL1800 is a mighty experienced rider and can do stuff with those wings the others only dare to dream of doing...ok laugh all ya want but until you've ridden with some of these folks you just dont get it. And did I say comfort??? Thats what this old fart wants... Went to a ST Owners event in SE Ohio 2 weeks back and 3 guys with GL1800s' rode with us and we are all seasoned riders and some of the ST guys could not keep up with the Wings...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ok.........NC isn't down it's more like over and up. All the Wingers I've encountered were just something else that I had to wait for a fairly straight stretch to get around. No way those Cadillacs can lean as far over as an XS. Too much stuff hanging off them.

The are as comfortable as a rocking chair on the front porch though.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Ok.........NC isn't down it's more like over and up. All the Wingers I've encountered were just something else that I had to wait for a fairly straight stretch to get around. No way those Cadillacs can lean as far over as an XS. Too much stuff hanging off them.
                The are as comfortable as a rocking chair on the front porch though.
                Betcha they lean further than an XS ...and yeah where you live theres nothing to really challenge a rider like we have down here in NC...Theres a guy down here who rides his Yellow GW though Tail of The Dragon and can do everything a sport bike can do and he does it...somewhere there some you tube video of it...ya gotta see it...I'll be looking for it and will post it once its found.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ok Greg tell me who can lean more at this speed??? Good luck trying to keep up with him...Yeah right...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

yeah where you live theres nothing to really challenge a rider like we have
                    Really? You've obviously never seen the roads in NW Arkansas. You really should sometime. World class riding there. Hard to find a straight stretch. 150mi east of me.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Not sure its true but I once heard that the GL1800 was design was lead by the head of Honda's sport bike division, specifically because they wanted it to 'handle' well.
                      1979 xs1100 Special -
                      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                      My Bike:
                      [link is broken]

Comment

Really? You've obviously never seen the roads in NW Arkansas. You really should sometime. World class riding there. Hard to find a straight stretch. 150mi east of me.
                        Well thats just like saying that your XS can lean more than a GW...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ok Greg tell me who can lean more at this speed??? Good luck trying to keep up with him...Yeah right...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo
                          WOW! He can throw that thing around. Tod would be right on his tail I guarantee.

Those roads are a lot like the ones in Arkansas but here there are alot more elevation changes.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

WOW! He can throw that thing around. Tod would be right on his tail I guarantee.

Those roads are a lot like the ones in Arkansas but here there are alot more elevation changes.
                            Ok what I'm really arguing is not who or what can out do the other...The point is rider skill...ability...tenacity...balls what have you is what defines just what one can accomplish on 2 wheels...and in the right hands as you can see a GW rider will keep right up with the best of them.
                            So just because I'd opt for a GW doesnt necessarily mean I'm gonna slow down...maybe a little but the creature comforts i will enjoy would be greater than any other bike I am likely to ever ride. Peace Bro'
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

He he I'm not trying ton argue either. I was just funnin' ya and you got all serious on me.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X