• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $450

this is worth more with the sum of parts
    http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/2792832821.html
    81 XS1100H

This is one of those that drives me nuts, make such a nice bike for someone, and yet it is doomed to be a parts bike because of the title problem.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

way too nice to part. 450 for this bike plus a cheap frame with title and the problem is solved. If I were within a few hundred miles I'd be all over it
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

heck, the luggage and fairings are worth that, I'd be doing a frame swap before parting that bike.
        81 XS1100H

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
          This is one of those that drives me nuts, make such a nice bike for someone, and yet it is doomed to be a parts bike because of the title problem.
          not all that far from you
          81 XS1100H

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
            heck, the luggage and fairings are worth that, I'd be doing a frame swap before parting that bike.
            I'd keep the existing frame and do the legal work to get a title for it! All you'd need to do is have the local sheriff's office meet you there, and do a title check on it before purchase (or take it to them at the office). Make sure you have a statement from the seller about where it came from, and take it to court. More hassle than money, but definitely worth it for that one!
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
              I'd keep the existing frame and do the legal work to get a title for it! All you'd need to do is have the local sheriff's office meet you there, and do a title check on it before purchase (or take it to them at the office). Make sure you have a statement from the seller about where it came from, and take it to court. More hassle than money, but definitely worth it for that one!
              Every state has different rule, not all are that cut and dry.
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                Every state has different rule, not all are that cut and dry.
                Oh, I know. But there is ALWAYS a way to do it, as long as you have all the necessary information. Like I said, more hassle than money, but still worth it to keep it all together.
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

not all that hard in Ohio from people I've talked to....hint hint DGXSer...lol
                  81 XS1100H

Comment

oh gosh...thats way too nice to suffer such a fate...and with a factory tourpack no less..hmmm abt a days ride round trip...Thats Louisville Kentucky or Indiana?
                    Last edited by madmax-im; 01-19-2012, 06:40 PM.
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I would certainly relieve someone of the bags and trunk if someone bought it and didnt want them...
                      Nathan
                      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                      K&N Filter
                      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                      OEM Exhaust
                      ATK Fork Brace
                      LED Dash lights
                      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                      SS Brake Lines
                      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                        not all that hard in Ohio from people I've talked to....hint hint DGXSer...lol
                        Ohhh....it has my interest believe me. I've been wanting a winter project, and kind of want a Standard for my next XS11. But, whoever you have been talking to I'd like to know what they know. So far, the Clerk of Courts has told me that it is about 99% impossible to get a title unless you get hold of the previous owner. Then, some dude says he can get a title for anything not stolen for $300. I ask how, he says acient chinese secret, no can tell, bad for business. My theory is, you get a scrap or salvage title, and he has a fake business front he uses to get it. So double my investment to get a title. From a business standpoint not a bad thing, but it eats my inerds on a personal level.

As to getting the Kentucky title, well, Kentucky is one of those "states" (Commonwealth really) where if you ain't from here...well...you AIN'T FROM HERE. Meaning, unless you got a Ky drivers lisence and address, your from another country to them. So getting the local AHJ to cooperate with a Northerner like me, well, that will take all the charisma and skills you got. Oh I know, every state is kind of like that, but Kentucky is serious about it. So, getting the title to that bike will be a looonnggg laborious and expensive process.
                        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

http://www.a1title-42.com/
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Talk about aggravating I was just in Louisville this afternoon, I guess I should have planned my trip better and looked at Craig's List before leaving the office this morning.
                            Don, I will let you know if I come up with any ideas on how you can get a title. After all everyone needs a winter project, and it is less than a two hour drive.

Comment

If I was close enough and was finacially able that bike would be mine and I would worry about the dumb ass title later.

You can't lose on that deal.
                              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X