$450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    If I was close enough and was finacially able that bike would be mine and I would worry about the dumb ass title later.

You can't lose on that deal.
    Greg + 1 on that.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      If I was close enough and was finacially able that bike would be mine and I would worry about the dumb ass title later.

You can't lose on that deal.
      +2 , the only reason I'm not after it is $$$
      81 XS1100H

Comment

I found this page with the same bike, larger and +1 photo... It looks like he's been trying to sell it for some time now.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ouring-package
        82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
        Website/Blog

Comment

DAMN....now I really want it, and had I not just bought a GS1100 with a touring package

I have the saddle bags, just not on it at the moment, I guess I should be happy with what I got

if I didn't live so far from you DG, I'd go with you to help you load it up, you know you want it bad....am I a trouble maker with SWMBO? lol
          Last edited by old_skool; 01-20-2012, 06:43 AM.
          81 XS1100H

Comment

I have been looking high and low for a touring package for some time now.. Maybe just a faring, but haven't had much luck. I'm getting close to picking up a plexifaring. It would have been nice to have over some of our mild winter days past.
            Website/Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Prothec View Post
              I have been looking high and low for a touring package for some time now.. Maybe just a faring, but haven't had much luck. I'm getting close to picking up a plexifairing. It would have been nice to have over some of our mild winter days past.
              your not that far either, it might be blasphemy to some, but you could part what you don't want from that bike, make you money back and quite a bit more, would be a free trip.
              81 XS1100H

Comment

Hey Man!

Originally posted by Prothec View Post
                I have been looking high and low for a touring package for some time now.. Maybe just a faring, but haven't had much luck. I'm getting close to picking up a plexifaring. It would have been nice to have over some of our mild winter days past.
                I've got a complete pacifico (original yamaha) fairing package listed on the parts forum. Includes everything. Could use repaint, but complete, including hard to find windshield. Take a look & PM if interested.
                Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
                stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Curiousity Prevails

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                  This is one of those that drives me nuts, make such a nice bike for someone, and yet it is doomed to be a parts bike because of the title problem.
                  Well, Curiosity finally got the best of me! I had to at least "go look" but with the intent of buying whatever 'it' happened to actually turn out to be. Plus got the side benefit of a Road Trip, which is always a good thing. So on Friday morning jetmechmarty and I drove up to Louisville with my trailer to pick up the bike. I kept re-playing what DGXSER wrote: "nice bike for someone" / "doomed to be a parts bike". Because I really hate seeing classic machines rot to scrap -and- maybe I should be the person to step up and be the 'someone'. Marty & I think this machine was very likely headed to neglect and scrap so we think of this venture as a recovery. I think with some TLC and a few bucks that this should be a nice XS11e. The tour pack luggage is in nice shape so that is a plus.

As for the Title problem, well, I'll keep you posted. Being in Georgia should make this either a non-issue or relatively easy. The story we got is that the PO got the bike in trade a year or so ago but apparently didn't get it transferred to his name at Kentucky DMV. As long as the VIN # pulls up clean when Georgia runs the VIN # then I shouldn't have any problems getting Registrations & Plates + title.

Here is what we hauled back to Atlanta:

Actually not too bad and in fair shape:

Also included complete tour package that is in nice shape:

I am sure I'll be asking some dumb questions and also seeking some guidance along the way as I work to get this xs11 back in good running condition.

Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Thats an awesome recovery Jeff...looks like that will be a neat resurrXSion...LOL
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'm glad someone picked it up who at least has the intention of trying to get it back on the road.

If I had picked it up, I would have taken the touring package and parted it out rather than trying to fight with the Ohio BMV.

What would we do if there weren't people willing to part out these bikes? We all need the parts!
                      Website/Blog

Comment

Great Deal

Great find, I was thinking about going after it several weeks ago but the no title issue was going to be a PITA to deal with in Ohio. Looks to be fairly complete and I am sure with a little TLC you should end up with a great bike.

Comment

Originally posted by DCII View Post
                          Great find, I was thinking about going after it several weeks ago but the no title issue was going to be a PITA to deal with in Ohio. Looks to be fairly complete and I am sure with a little TLC you should end up with a great bike.
                          Yeah, we have to THANK old skool for seeking out this XS11 listing and providing the post. He's really the one that made the save! I hung back a month before heading north in case one of the Ohio XSives was planning to go get the bike. The PO in Louisville didn't provide -or- want to give out much info about the bike. This likely made it difficult for interested people to determine what was actually being offered For Sale. The craigslist pic PO posted was OLD when bike was beautiful and still intact from PO's PO. Maybe PO's PO - PO? Guess the PO thought for just $450 any prospective buyer shouldn't be asking too many questions. It was parked outside on the dirt with a bike cover over it, tires frozen to the ground. He said Tour Pack was off because he said he had planned to paint the bike but then lost interest and was busy. Some of the wiring bypassed the fuse so some circuits had no protection. Fuse box was original and will be replaced if the motor checks out to be reasonably OK.

In Louisville on Saturday it was 21 degrees with 40 mph winds so I wasn't interested in standing around in the freezing cold inspecting a bike. PO did try and start the bike for me so I least I know it 'cranks with gusto'. This week after closer inspection and compression testing etc. I'll know if this machine is future parts bike or future Rally attendee.

Jeff
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E
                          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                            Good score. I see the saddle is in need of some new duct tape or perhaps even a new cover. Looks complete so after a good clean and going over the wiring/ fusebox. Evict the mice from the aircleaner and you should be good to go E is the FAST year too
                            Phil
                            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Xs11

I'm only 65 miles south of Louisville and was tempted to check on this one, but the no title thing kinda soured me on it. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who will drive great distances for a "find"!
                              Previous bikes: Honda V65; 1100 Shadow
                              Yamaha V-MAX

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                                Yeah, we have to THANK old skool for seeking out this XS11 listing and providing the post. He's really the one that made the save! I hung back a month before heading north in case one of the Ohio XSives was planning to go get the bike. The PO in Louisville didn't provide -or- want to give out much info about the bike. This likely made it difficult for interested people to determine what was actually being offered For Sale. The craigslist pic PO posted was OLD when bike was beautiful and still intact from PO's PO. Maybe PO's PO - PO? Guess the PO thought for just $450 any prospective buyer shouldn't be asking too many questions. It was parked outside on the dirt with a bike cover over it, tires frozen to the ground. He said Tour Pack was off because he said he had planned to paint the bike but then lost interest and was busy. Some of the wiring bypassed the fuse so some circuits had no protection. Fuse box was original and will be replaced if the motor checks out to be reasonably OK.

In Louisville on Saturday it was 21 degrees with 40 mph winds so I wasn't interested in standing around in the freezing cold inspecting a bike. PO did try and start the bike for me so I least I know it 'cranks with gusto'. This week after closer inspection and compression testing etc. I'll know if this machine is future parts bike or future Rally attendee.

Jeff
                                No thanks needed, hope you end up with a nice bike in the end, it was tempting for me also, but too many projects, too little $$$$$ and another Ohioan who would have to deal with our Nazi DMV.
                                81 XS1100H

Comment

Working...
                                X