Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you bikerphil

Comment

Yep, do you know about how many miles on the motor?
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

It's listing 42k

Comment

I think someone was in the valve head before me as #3 intake was missing a valve spring plate. Only pulled out 7 of them. Part # 1J7-12116-00. Bought a nos. Also the valve stem seals were original and obviously leaking, have those on hand. Cleaning up the carbon, and yes, lots of carbon on the #3 intake valve.. I suspect maybe alot of loss of compression was coming from the valves.
          Last edited by Tematt; 12-17-2023, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Soak the studs with penetrating oil and the pistons and rings. Clean up as much as you can and then remove the cylinders. Having it that close it would be a shame not to at minimum have them honed with new rings. If it were me I would have them bored to 1179 and go with the oversize piston and rings kit from cruzinimage. If money is available I would contact Wiseco and have them put a kit together. They generally don't have them in stock and they now make them as ordered. Quite a bit more then the first option. Like Mike said earlier there have been good reports on Cruzinimage's products. Having the head off and cleaning it up is half the battle. Getting the jugs right will give you many more years of reliability. Can you see down in the cylinders now? Condition?
            Last edited by cajun31; 12-26-2023, 06:26 PM.
            2 - 80 LGs bought one new
            81 LH
            02 FXSTB Nighttrain
            22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
            Jim

Comment

Yeah the cylinders look better than expected to be honest, doesn't appear to be any ring ridge.

Comment

Working...
              X